E p i s o d e 2 2

You and Lena have been walking around Kings Row for about 2 hours now. She kept asking questions which you avoided asking, you just wanted to stay on track. Though you didn't really have a track to start with, you were just looking for some sort of sign of where the monk was.

Luckily, no Talon soldiers seemed to be in the area. But unfortunately, it left you nervous and confused.

It struck you odd that there was no Talon activity here. You'd think that they'd be smart enough to look where the last monk was. But hey, maybe they are just dumb.

"So.. what exactly are we looking for again?" Lena said next to you, tilting her head to the side. You looked around with a sigh, "I-.. I don't know.." You muttered.

You looked around the street, this area didn't seem too popular, it had very few people and cars. "Some sort of sign.." you added.

After walking for a bit longer, the people started to lessen even more along with the cars. This area of the town looked old fashioned, and by the looks of it not many people lived on this side of the city. It was extremely quiet, the only sounds being the occasional truck swinging by and the rumbling of some sort of facorty.

Then, some feeling hit you, hard.

It felt like someone stopped your heart, but only for a second. Almost like.. you died for a moment.

Lena saw you stop, and her face soon reflected your shocked face. "Is everything alright?" She said quietly, looking at you with a worried expression.

You looked around for a moment, noting every small detail about the area. There was a laundry building across the street, and on your side there was some sort of repair shop and a restaurant.

The air smelled like smoke and dirt, not the most pleasant smell, but you've smelled worse.

You looked to your left a saw a small gap between two buildings, and I mean small. It was just sbout the size for someone to squeeze through. The wall around it was covered in graffiti.

"This it?" Lena asked, staring at the gap as well. "Maybe.." you stated, walking closer to it, observing the graffiti closely. It had many different colors and about 7 different paintings on the wall. All of them weird symbols thst seemed unfamiliar, except one.

You looked closer and the symbol, trying to remember where you saw it before. After a quick thought, you pulled your necklace out from under you shirt, holding it up in front of you.

A smile found it's way on your lips, knowing all your pain snd suffering had payed up, "This is it.."

You slid through the gap first, Lena following quickly after you. As you shuffled through it, the sunlight lessened and lessened, covering you in darkness.

When you finally reached the other side you were met with a small area with nothing but a wooden door.

That must be were the monk is.. You thought, stepping towards the door. You turned the handle, only to find out it's locked. "Lena, it's l-"

"Locked, and for a good reason." A low voice said, that vouce definitely did not sound like Lena, it even sounded.. robotic?

You turned around quickly to face the mysterious voice. You could see Lena quickly stand in front of you, blocking the stranger from getting to you. You barely got a glimpse of them, but you saw a quick look of green and a flash of green.

It was silent for awhile before the stranger spoke up, "..Cadet Oxton..?" They said quietly. "Genji.. I haven't seen you in so long! You look-.. different." Lena moved away from you, so you could finally see the strange person who seemed to be some sort of omnic.

Maybe he was some sort of agent in Overwatch as well. You didn't really know what Overwatch agents were like. But it'd be strange to have an omnic fighting omnics.

"Indeed it has been long." He chuckled and put down his sword. "What are you doing here? And who is she?" He shifted his gaze to you. "This is Y/n, my girlfriend's friend."

Huh, that's weird, thought she would've called me Emily's cousin. Maybe she doesn't want to make it seem like we're that close, just in case. You gave him a small wave.

"Hello. And um.. well, we're.. looking for someone-" He cut you off, "Zenyatta." He said quickly. You tilted your head, not needing to ask as Genji answered before you could say anything, "I'm guessing you're looking for the monk, due to your necklace. His name is Zenyatta."

Zenyatta.. You felt like you heard that name before. Maybe Nugah said it once to you.

You nodded and Genji slowly walked past you, opening the door. "I trust Lena sincerely, and something tells me you are not one to lie." He said warmly, holding the door open for you two.

The two of you stepped inside, looking at the humble apartment. It looked very old, but it was homey in a way.

"Welcome." A very soft omnic voice said from across the room. You turned to face the regal monk who seemed to levitate a bit. "T-thank you.." you stuttered, feeling a bit small in his presence. 

He floated closer to you, looking at your necklace. "Hmm, a friend of Bastals I see?" He said more as a statement then a question, but you nodded anyways. He reached up for the necklace and you dipped your head, making it easier for him to take it off.

He examined the wooden pendant, tracing over it with his metallic, silver fingers.

"Thank you.. I've been waiting a while for you, the spirits speak fondly of you." His words were wise, much like Nugahs.

"I rea-" A ring stopped you from finishing your sentence. Your phone buzzed in your shorts pocket, you scrambled to get it out to see who it was. It was Emily.

Shit, I completely forgot to tell her, I don't think Lena told her either. You look back up at Zenyatta with sorry looking eyes, "I'm sorry I need to take this." He nodded his head in acknowledgement.

You rushed to a different room and picked up the phone, "Hey."

"Hey. Where'd you go?"

"Yeah, s-sorry about that, I had to go look for something."

"Don't worry about it, are you going to come back?"

"Mhm, not for long though, I just want to make sure Lena gets back to you safely."

"Lena is with you?"

"Uh.. yeah?"

"But that's impossible.. Lena is with me right now.."

You almost dropped your phone, "W-what?"

"I woke up first to make you both breakfast, but before I left I woke Lena up and asked her to wake you, but she said you weren't in your room."

"B-but, she couldn't have been asleep, she was up this morning, she's in the room right next to me."

"Lena doesn't ever wake up early, and even if she did I would've heard if she got up, I'm a very light sleeper."

"Then who is in the other room..?"

"Y/n, you need-"

Gun shots rang throughout the house, followed by the sound of dishes cracking and things getting knocked over.

"What is that?"

"I'll call you back." You quickly hung up, darting into the other room.

In the room was Zenyatta who was being blocked by Genji who only had one arm, the other one looked like it was torn off. A few meters in front of him was a girl you recognized from Nepal. Sombra..

She looked at you as you entered the room, "Ah, welcome, Y/n." She chuckled at your suprised face, "Isn't it amazing what technology can do now a-days?"

((All three of my stories are eligible to enter into the Watty's, should I enter any of them?))