E p i s o d e 1 8

You walked out of the shower, quickly grabbing a towel and wrapping it around your body. You grabbed a second towel and rubbed it gently against your hair, drying it off a bit.

Your pale skin had a slight pink tint to it due to the hot water, now luke warm dripping down your back, legs, and arms.

The mirror was fogged up from the hot water. Quickly, you ran a hand over the mirror, wiping away the fog, showing your reflextion.

You gazed at the clothes the docter set down for you on the counter. By what you could see, it consisted of a black t-shirt that was so oversized on you that it feel down to your mid-thigh, and black shorts.

After slipping them on over your aching body, you searched the bathroom for any sort of scrunchy or hair tie. Luckily, you found a black hair tie under the hand towels in the bottom drawer of the sink cabinet. You had no idea if it was Moira's or not, you guessed not, but you honestly couldn't care less.

You tied your slightly damp hair up into a quick pony tail.

Before you left, you unwrapped your old shirt, revealing the wooden necklace you hid in it. You quickly slipped it over your head, then hiding it under your black t-shirt, the band slightly visable around your neck.

With one deep inhale and exhale, you exited the bathroom, turning off the light and closing the door behind you.

You looked out into the room, quickly spotting the docter standing by the window. She was staring out at the city, watching the lights intently.

Cautiously, you approached Dr. O'Deorain.

"You said you needed to speak to me about something?" You said quietly, stopping a few feet behind her. She didn't evert her gaze from the window to look at you, instead she motioned you forward with her hand, "Come, stand next to me, Y/n.."

You moved forward slowly, stopping right next to her. It was silent for a few moments before the docter spoke up, "Y/n?" You stared up at her, "Yes?"

"Why did that monk in the sanctum tell you where the last monk is?- I mean.. why tell you of all people?" She almost seemed frustrated by the thought of you being the one knowing. But why would she be upset about you knowing? Maybe because you're stubborn, or you're annoying.. maybe because she actually cares about you.. probably not.

You shrugged and looked down, "I-.. I don't know, probably because I was the only one who he could tell at the moment.." you whispered, knowing you were just the only choice at the moment.

She held your hand gently, like she did earlier, only seeming a bit more distant this time. She was thinking of something really important to her, something that she had to think really hard about.

"Y/n, darling," she inhaled, readying to say something important, "Tommorow we'll go out a look for the monk with a Patrol of Talon officers, and if everything goes well and we return with the monk, I really do want to get married to you."

She turned to face you, finally looking at you, she took both of your hands in her hands. "I understand that you probably don't feel the same, but someday you will. I know you haven't been in the best situations with me for the past couple of weeks, but I promise I will try and let you live your best life, once this is all over."

You stared at her, your eyes mixed with confusion and shock. This was a side of her you rarely saw.

You felt something cold and metallic slip onto your ring finger. You looked down at your hands, staring at the silver ring that perfectly fit your hand. An engagement ring..

"Just-.. promise not to pull anything stupid last minute, and if you lied to me about this place, just tell me now and I'll fix it quickly." She spoke almost worried.

"I promise.." you smiled lightly, the docter smiling back. But that was a promise already broken.

((Why is Storm Rising so frickin difficult in Legendary mode??? Oh, right, because it's in Legendary mode. Btw, I wrote this chapter in my 45 minute panic break because Overwatch was stressing me out, lmao))