16, Finale, Her Happy Ending

Hey guys! There is some, in my opinion, super light foreplay, and implied stuff.  I don't think it's anything too bad, but if even a drop of that makes you uncomfortable, then stop reading after Kareine teases her towards the end, and skip on down to the very last, super short paragraph to wrap it up.  Also, the fanfic may have ended, but I do intend to continue writing little short stories for it, and drawing photos, and I will just post those as I get to them, since they are a part of this fanfiction, technically.

  Hana sat on the couch that was upstairs in the bakery. Koji was fast asleep in her lap, despite it being morning now. She was thankful to have him back safely in her arms. Obi sat on the other side of the couch, watching over them. "Here, I made some medicinal tea for everyone; luckily there are plenty of medicinal herbs here," Shirayuki said, coming out of the small upstairs kitchen. "Those are actually part of Koji's collection. Thank you, Shirayuki," Hana said, carefully accepting the cup, as not to wake Koji. "He's been reading a lot of medical books over the last few years." "Is that so?" Shirayuki asked, passing out tea to everyone. "It smells great, Miss," Obi said, accepting his cup. Zen, Mitsuhide, and Kiki walked in then. Obi stood up immediately, at attention, "Master! What's the status?" "Rhuel is on her way to prison; the guards have her now. Gero and the others," he paused, looking over at Hana and Koji, noticing how anxious Hana had suddenly gotten. He coughed, "they've been taken care of."

Koji opened his eyes half way. "Huh?" Hana caressed his face. "Good morning, Koji. You're up just in time." "Hana," he smiled up at her. Everyone smiled. "Koji, Hana," Zen was serious now, and both looked at him, waiting anxiously for what he had to say. He smiled, "congratulations, you're both free," they both smiled, a new hope and light shining within them. "That being said, I am offering you a position at the castle, Hana. You'll be expected to earn your keep, of course. Also, Hana, the money made from your cake is yours. Everything else that Ruel had, is yours to split, including this building." Zen smiled. Koji sat up in awe. Hana could cry she was so happy. She got up, flinging herself at Zen before she could even think, she was so overjoyed. "Thank you so much Zen!" She cried. Shirayuki, Obi, Zen, Kiki, and Mitsuhide all smiled. Hana realized what she did. She pulled herself off him, her face bright red. "Oh! I-I'm so sorry your highness!" Hana bowed, and Zen laughed. "It's alright, Hana." Mitsuhide placed his hand on her shoulder, "welcome to the team." "Thank you for your generosity, Lord Zen, but actually, I don't want anything to do with this house. Koji, you can have it instead." Koji shook his head. "I don't want it. I have no interest in baking or running a shop. Especially not this one." Hana looked at him. "Oh? What do you plan to do now, Koji?" He looked down. "Actually, after spending so many years tending to your wounds... what I want is to become a doctor. And help others..." Shirayuki smiled. "You know, I might be able to help you with that." Koji looked up to Shirayuki, "Really?" She nodded, "Yes, I'm a court herbalist, myself." Koji's eyes shone. "Prince Zen..." "Yes, Hana?" "If it's alright... can Koji stay with me? At the castle?" Zen smiled. "I'll see what I can do. And I suppose, if neither of you wants this place, you can always sell it." Hana looked down. That's not what she wanted. But she nodded at the suggestion none the less.

"You seem like you didn't like the idea of selling the bakery back there," Obi stated as they rode back for the castle. Hana tightened her grip around him, and shook her head. "No, I can't say that I do." "What would you rather do?" Hana stayed silent a moment. "That place is full of nothing but bad memories. Bad luck. I'd rather...." She stopped for a moment, afraid to go on. "You'd rather what?" "I'd rather see it burn to the ground." "I see." The rest of the ride was silent between everyone.

"Good, you're still awake," Obi said, walking into Hana's room; he never knocked anymore. She was tucking Koji into bed. She nodded, "Yes, I just haven't been able to relax after everything that has happened today." "I see. I can't say that I blame you. Come here, I have something I want to show you," Obi said, extending his hand out for her. Hana looked at him quizzically. She approached him, accepting his hand, and with one final look over her shoulder to Koji, she followed him out the door.

"You're taking me back into town? At this hour? Why?" "It's where your surprise is." "Looks like there's quite the commotion going on, and so late, too." Hana looked around, before noticing the smoke in the distance. Obi stopped the horse, hopping off it and tying it up. Hana's eyes never left the sky. "Come on," he said, placing his hands around her waist, helping her down.

"Obi... You didn't..." her eyes were locked on the flames of the bakery. The whole building was engulfed, fire fighters doing there best to put it out—the fire remained easily contained, since the bakery was isolated from other buildings, on the outskirts of town. Obi grabbed her hand, watching with her. She cupped her mouth, tears flowing as she watched her place of torment burn down. It was truly over now. She squeezed his hand. "Thank you, Obi."

A week had passed, and Shirayuki and Zen were finally on their honeymoon. Koji was fitting right in, and was happy as could be; he even had his own room now, as he prepared for the apprenticeship test. He and Ryuu got along well, being so similar, despite their age gap. Hana had become the lead baker, and was happier than ever, being surrounded by her friends, and more importantly, with Obi. She turned and smiled at him, holding a warm loaf of bread through her apron. He came to check on her often. She started towards the table, when she slipped on a puddle of milk, falling over backwards. Obi skillfully caught her with one arm, and the loaf of bread in the other. He smiled at her. "What would you do without me?" Hana giggled, "probably see the medical wing more often, and," Obi stood her back up. "And?" "And, I'd probably get a lot more done. Shoo now, Obi," Hana teased. Obi laughed. "Alright then," he turned away from her, but looked over his shoulder, "I'll come visit you tonight; we have some unfinished business that needs to be taken care of, you know." Hana looked at him, puzzled. Obi smirked, "you'll see," he said, winking and waving as he walked out the door. "Ooooohhhh, Hana!! I bet I know what he's thinking, girl!" "Kareine!" Hana's face turned pink, and the whole kitchen crew laughed.

Obi sure was taking his time, Hana thought. Had he forgotten? No, of course not. She stood up from her bed, deciding that she was going to change into her evening wear before he arrived; she still had her kitchen uniform on. She began unbuttoning it, letting it fall off her shoulders. The doorknob started turning just then, and Obi stepped in, locking the door behind him. "Well well, looks like I came in right at the right time." "Obi!" He approached her, locked on her shining purple eyes. He placed a hand on her bare shoulder, and she gasped at his touch. He ran his other hand over her braid, undoing it as he leaned in close to her, boldly and gingerly kissing her neck as her hair fell free. It sent chills down her body, and her heart beat quickened. "Last time I saw you getting undressed, it didn't exactly go as planned," his voice was low, quiet, as he slipped her dress the rest of the way down. She gasped, any words caught in her throat as her dress dropped to her feet. He swept her hair over her shoulder and off her back, eyeing all her scars. She didn't deserve them. He traced them with his fingers, sending more chills down her spine. He kissed the back of her neck, as his hand slid down to her hips, and kissed his way down her back. She could hardly stand it, but found herself frozen against his touch, unable to do anything but melt into him with a soft moan. Obi lifted her up, laying her down on the bed and getting on top of her. He planted his lips onto hers, and she gladly deepened it, wrapping her arms around his neck. She smiled at him as their first kiss ended, and she caressed his cheek, kissing him once more, as she grabbed for his shirt, pulling it off him.

"Good morning, Hana," Obi greeted, face to face with her in bed as she began waking up. She smiled, "Good morning to you, Obi." He tucked her hair behind her ear, and pecked her the cheek. "How are you feeling this morning?" She smiled, thinking back to last night. "I've never been better." She kissed him, wanting nothing more than for all her mornings to start like this.

All of this. The castle. Her friends. Her freedom, and most importantly, Obi. She finally had her happy ending.