5, The Hunting Trip

Hey guys! This chapter is probably one of my favorites, and it is filled with fluff! I couldn't help but posting 2 chapters this week, cause I really wanted to get this one out to you guys! I also have so many pictures I want to draw out of this chapter, that I'm trying to decide if I want to draw it collage style, or individually. Either way, be expecting some pictures next week, and if you have a scene request, please let me know! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as I do, so without further ado, here is chapter 5!

Hana stood outside with the rest of everyone else. She still couldn't quite believe how suddenly everyone had just decided to up and leave, even it was only for a night or two. She watched everyone as they got on their horses, and she was fully prepared to walk behind them-- she had never ridden a horse before, having always been forced to walk anytime she had been sold to someone new.

"Come on, Hana, you're not expecting to walk, are you?" Hana looked up at Obi, "oh, um..." she realized then, that it would be silly to answer that she was. "I... I've never been on a horse before, is all..." she kept her gaze down as she spoke, hoping that she would not be questioned. "Is that so? I guess you'll have to hold on extra tight to me, then," Obi said as he placed his hands on her waist, lifting her effortlessly onto his horse before jumping on himself, "got it?" Hana smiled at him, "ok, then, I will," Hana contently replied, wrapping her arms around him and resting her head on his back. Obi smiled, looking back at her; they both had butterflies fluttering in their stomachs.

"Aw, the house where we first met. It's been a while since we've been here." Shirayuki stated as she and Zen got off their horse, "that was an interesting day," Mitsuhide said. Kiki nodded, "the day that started it all." "So... we're camping out here?" asked Hana, swinging her legs around to the same side of the horse as she looked at the abandoned house. "I don't know if I'd call staying at an old house actually camping," Obi stated as he jumped down from his horse, eager to help Hana down; to hold her once more-- to have her close to him. He faced her, placing his hands around her again; she smiled at him, placing her hands on his shoulders, she too, enjoying these moments of closeness, as he helped her down.

Zen stoked the fire in the fireplace while everyone else was gathered around the chess table, watching Mitsuhide lose to Kiki for the fourth time in a row. "Check mate," Kiki said, moving her knight into position. "Aw man, not again!" Mitsuhide sighed, looking at the board in defeat. "I think you're getting better," Shirayuki stated, trying to cheer him up. "Yeah, this time it took her 16 moves instead of 12," Obi added. "I'm hungry," Zen declared, and everyone stopped what they were doing. "It is getting close to dinner time," Shirayuki said. "What should we have? I don't think any food was packed," Zen said, remembering how much of a hurry he was in to leave. "Leave that to me! I'll go get us something!" Obi declared. "And I'll go see what I can make from the kitchen. I'm sure there's enough ingredients for at least some bread in there," Shirayuki said. "Come on, Hana, you can come with me," Obi said. "W-what? Me? I-I've never hunted! I-I'd be better off helping Shirayuki with some bread or dessert, in the kitchen," Hana stammered, afraid she'd only get in the way of a hunt. "Nonsense, you're about to do plenty of baking," Kiki said, her arms crossed, egging her on. "There you have it! Don't be nervous, I'll show you!" Obi told her, corralling her out the door, ignoring the fact that she was so flustered. "We'll be bringing in a big haul, of course, so be sure to have everything started before we get back, ok?" Obi called, closing the door behind him. "You really think it's ok to leave those two alone out there?" Mitsuhide asked, talking to no one in particular. Zen nodded, "it'll be good for him, and maybe even for her."

"O-Obi, I really have no clue about hunting." Hana reiterated, nervously looking around and running her fingers down her hair as Obi pulled out his bow from the bag on his horse. "That's alright, Hana. I'll show you. Come on, follow me," Obi said, grabbing her hand and tugging her along behind him. Hana watched him as he trailed off into the woods. As long as she was with him, nothing bad could happen. She smiled softly, calming herself down, happy that it was just the two of them for the time being. Not letting go of his hand, she ran up to catch up to him, and walked along side him. Their eyes locked again as he looked down at her, and they smiled at each other, hand in hand.

Obi and Hana hid behind a large tree. Obi was locked on his fourth rabbit. "Here," he whispered, placing the bow in her hands, swinging his arm around her and back to the bow to help her out. Hana blushed slightly, being within his arms like this again. Obi placed his hand over hers, "this is how you want to hold the bow," he directed, holding it up. He grabbed an arrow, "take this, and I'll help you aim." Hana nodded, taking the arrow from him, following his lead as she set it into position. "Now all you need to do is breathe, and concentrate. Pull the arrow back as far as you can." Hana nodded, set on the rabbit. "Obi. I... I can't pull the arrow back..." Obi chuckled lightly. "I figured we might run into that problem," he said, placing his other hand over hers, helping her to draw the arrow back. He leaned in even closer to her, their cheeks nearly touching, taking aim at the rabbit. "Now, exhale, and at the moment of stillness, let go."

The rabbit fell over. "See, you got it! I knew you could," Obi exclaimed, letting go of her and running up to their prize. Hana giggled, "I don't know about that. You did all the work, Obi." "Aw, don't cut yourself short. Look! He's a big one, too!" Obi tied it to his belt with the other three before placing his arrow back into his quiver and the bow around him. "Come on, we still need a few more, and I know the quickest way," "huh?" Obi approached her, picking her up bridal style within his arms before she could protest. "Hold on now," Obi said, before letting go of her back, and skillfully swinging onto a nearby tree, though he had only one arm; it's a good thing she was so light. Hana squealed, quickly wrapping her arms around him with all her might and burying her head into his chest, afraid to look. Obi smiled down at her; she really was quite cute.

"It's alright now, Hana. You can let go and look now," Obi said, getting comfortable onto a large tree, setting Hana down on his lap. Hana shook her head, still buried in his chest, still frozen with fear, "I... I'm not sure that I want to." Obi chuckled, "that's fine by me and all, but it might make it harder to get anymore rabbits for everyone," he smirked, knowing he would get a rise from her. Hana suddenly pushed her upper body away from him, "oh! Yes, you're right. I... I don't want to be in the way." Hana shakily grabbed onto a branch, forcing herself up and out of Obi's lap. Though, truth be told, even as scared as she was, she could've stayed in his lap forever. Obi stood up, grabbing his bow. "Don't be scared, ok, Hana? I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Hana smiled at him, still gripping her branch as tightly as she possibly could, her body hugging the trunk of the tree, "with as clumsy as I am, that might be a bit of a challenge." He looked at her, "I love a good challenge." He grinned, and Hana grinned back.