6, Drunken Worries

Hey guys! no drawings this week, so I do apologize! Things have been super busy here at home, and I just haven't had the time to sit down and draw anything yet! The drawings are still coming, but will be a little slow, because I have a lot going on up until this month ends, but to make up for it, I'll be posting a second chapter today! This one is a little short, but I hope you enjoy, anyways!

"It all looks great!" Zen complimented, sitting down with the others around the table. The table was set with fresh loaves, sweet muffins, and rabbit stew, loaded with vegetables that Hana found on their way back. "Look what I found down in the cellar!" Obi exclaimed, coming up the stairs with a bottle of wine in each hand. "These will be perfect for tonight!" Obi went around the table, filling glasses. "Think you can handle it, Miss?" Obi teased, pouring her only half of what he poured the others so far. "Hey, I can handle it a little better now! Garack has been training me!" Shirayuki stated, her fists balled up in determination. "Oh, well, in that case," Obi filled the rest of her glass up, and Shirayuki watched, still determined, while Zen glared daggers at Obi. "And lastly, what about you, Hana? Can you handle your alcohol?" Hana laughed uncomfortably, "no, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a light weight; I don't drink all that often." Obi grinned mischievously, "well in that case, too--" Zen glared at Obi even more maliciously. "What? I'm kidding, I'm kidding," Obi defended, pouring Hana only half a glass before sitting between her and Kiki.

"How long have you been baking?" Mitsuhide asked, being the first to strike up a conversation. "Oh, I've been practicing culinary arts my whole life. My parents first taught me, since even before I could walk. It's all I'm good for, really..." Hana answered, taking a small sip of her wine and chasing it down with a bite of stew. "Come on now, that can't be true. You must be a good artist, as well, with how you drew up Master and the Little Miss' cake so quickly. Plus, I bet you're pretty good at math, too," Obi said. "It's true. I thought your drawing was very detailed, especially for how quickly you drew it!" Shirayuki agreed. "I don't know about that... but thank you, Miss Shirayuki," Hana said, taking another sip of her wine, her anxiety melting away with each sip.

"So you have a little brother, Hana? That's great. You know, if I had a little brother, he'd be like Ryuu. And Mitsuhide would be like the big brother," Shirayuki slurred. Hana looked at Mitsuhide, she herself drunk with Shirayuki. "He does seem like the big brother type, doesn't he?" Hana said, leaning in closer to Shirayuki. Mitsuhide tittered; was he really that brotherly? "I wonder if Koji and Ryuu are similar? They are about the same age! But I think mine Koji is maybe a little younger," Hana slurred. "I know! We could have him over!" Shirayuki exclaimed, standing up suddenly. "Oh, I don't know." Hana rubbed her face, trying to think. She stood up and exhaled, and then groaning, she said, "I think I need some air, please excuse me." She pushed her chair in and staggered towards the door. "Maybe I should come, too, in case she needs medical help in her state," Shirayuki decided, watching Hana trying to get to the door. Shirayuki wavered as she stood up, trying to push her chair in, but instead tripped over it. "Shirayuki!" Zen dropped down by her side. "I'm alright, Zen, I really am," Shirayuki assured him, cupping her hand around his face. Zen smiled. "Come on," he picked her up, "you're in no condition to go anywhere. I'm getting you to bed." "Oh, Zen, you're so sweet." Shirayuki smiled softly at her prince. "We're going to retire now," Zen announced. "Good night, Highness," Kiki replied, as Zen carried Shirayuki to their room. "I think I'll go check on Hana," Obi said, looking towards the door.

"Everyone has retired to bed now," Obi said, sitting down next to Hana. She had wandered off to a secluded hill, gazing at the moon. "Oh, there you are. I was hoping you would come find me." "Is that so? Missing me already, huh?" "Well yes, but," she cupped her hands to her face, drunkingly crying, "I'm completely lost! And I don't know where I am..." Obi chuckled, "you are quite drunk indeed, huh, Hana." Hana set her hands in her lap, "oh! I'm so sorry! I did say I was a lightweight!" Obi chuckled again; it really didn't take much to get her worked up. "So why did you come out here away from everyone?" Hana looked at Obi, a few tears welling in her eyes. "Huh? I didn't make you cry, did I?" "Oh! No, no! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," she slurred, wiping her eyes. "It's just, it's just, I'm worried about Koji. I left him! I promised I would never leave him!" "Koji? Your little brother?" "Well, he's not really my brother. Not by blood. But I raised him, ever since I came to live here. He was only about 5. I was about 16 at the time," she half mumbled out. "I see," Obi said, listening intently. "But I'm sure he's alright. He's probably working hard at the bakery. At least, that's the impression I got when I saw him quietly working." Hana looked at him, her eyes still wet and full of concern. She forced a small smile, "yeah, I'm sure you're right." If only he knew. Obi observed her reaction; she wasn't telling him something. Something important. "Hana..." he started, but Hana suddenly fell over onto his lap before he could finish. Obi smiled softly at her, moving her hair from her face, and caressed her cheek, wiping away her tears. She was sound asleep. "You really are something else, Hana." He wouldn't be finding out anything else tonight. He lifted her onto his back, and started back towards the house.