16. Clapton, Kundera and the basketball secrets

"Oh my god, I can't believe we're home!" Meg yells as she jumps out of the bus which took us safe and sound back to Seattle, in only ELEVEN hours.

"What? I thought you had fun with me in Idaho... you're heartless!" I tell her pretending I'm about to cry.

"I had a lot of fun, it was amazing! It's the travel that wore me off. The way back seemed much longer. Anyway, tell me once again why we didn't take a plane" she asks stretching her legs while we're waiting for our turn to get our bags back.

"To save money, that goes without saying"

"Ok, next time we'll rather not eat for a week, but we'll take a fucking plane"

"Next time? This means you wanna come back sometimes! This means you're not heartless!" I say before pointing my backpack out to he bus driver.

"By the way, we would have made it earlier, if only we hadn't parked for three hours in fucking Spokane"

"Spokane is a nice town" I remark wearing my backpack.

"Sure it is. Unfortunately we were lost in the fog, in a bus station far away from the civilized world and we couldn't go anywhere without risking to be left behind" Meg says, while she's looking for her bags among the ones who had already been unloaded from the trunk.

"That's true... and we didn't even meet David" I add.

"Hahahahaha Angie, I'll tell you once again, I strongly doubt David Lynch still hangs out in Spokane or travels by bus, let alone at 5 o'clock in the morning!"

"Well it could be, why not? Maybe a fortuitous twist of fate..."

"Don't worry, fate only pushed back the most important encounter of your life"

"Or his"

"Yeah!" Meg states, and I don't know if she was talking to me or to the bus driver, who finally finds her bags.

We leave the station looking for a taxi cab, but we find out we've got a personal chaffeur waiting for us: there is Jerry, leaning against his car's hood, who's putting out a cigarette crashing it under his shoe. As soon as he looks up and sees us he welcomes us with one of his breathtaking smiles. I see him and slightly speed up my pace. Ok, I run to him like a dork.

"Welcome back Misses" he says as we get closer, or I'd better say when I get closer. Meg, I don't know where she is, I forgot about her, and about all the rest and everything around me. He barely finishes his sentence and I'm already on him, with my whole self, plus the backpack's weight, arms wrapped around his neck.

"Jerry!" I say burying my face in his chest.

"Hey! I missed you too" he answers laughing and hugging me, before being shushed by my lips on his.

After a few minutes of wild and rough making out finally my memory's back: Meg's behind me, tittering, aaawing and muttering disjointed phrases.

"OH. MY. GOD.!!" she says at some point.

"What's wrong Meg, never seen two people kissing?" I ask her rolling my eyes an unwillingly pulling away from Jerry.

"Yes, but I've never seen you two kissing! I mean, I know you do, I know everything, but technically I hadn't seen you yet... my god, you're so cute!" Meg explains swooning.

"Did you hear her? We're cute, we passed" Jerry tells me as he pulls out my backpack and opens the trunk.

"And with excellent grades!" Meg adds handing him her bags, while I'm more than blushing.

"Meg, fuck, have you been away for a month and I didn't notice? How much stuff do you have in here?" he asks weighing Meg's luggage in his hands.

"Jerk, I only have to snap my fingers and you'll flunk... It's cold in Idaho, heavy clothes were needed, do you know we found the snow?!"