Hit by A Car // Daniel

Young people do stupid things, and say stupid stuff.

It's in there nature.

But it doesn't always turn out the way it's intended to.

General POV

Since it was a Friday, the boys had an off day.

No interviews, no sound check, no rehearsals, no nothing.

Daniel has the idea to walk around LA, so that's what they end up doing.

They take an Uber to Downtown, and get out on a random corner, wanting to wander about.

"Well, what do we do now?", Corbyn asks.

"Let's go get some smoothies, and coffee for Jonah", Zach suggests.

"I like the sound of that", Jonah replies, walking towards the McDonalds on the corner.

When they arrive, Jonah gets a coffee with cream, while the other boys order a strawberry banana smoothie.

They walk out of the store, and begin walking in one direction.

The boys didn't really know where they were going, they just kept going one way, hoping they would end up somewhere.

"What if we go to that aquarium across the street?", Jonah suggests pointing at a building a few blocks ahead of them.

"Yeah, that sounds cool", Jack says, making the other boys nod in agreement.

The boys walk a little quicker, eyeing the large aquarium in front of them.

About to cross the street, Daniel hears his phone ding.

He takes it out, seeing that it's a Snapchat notification.

While running across the street behind the boys, Daniel opens the app, and presses the square to open the picture.

"Daniel!", Corbyn yells loudly.

But it's too late.

The small black car collides into Daniel's body, just as he looks up from his screen.

His eyes widen, and like it's in slow motion, Daniel falls to the ground.

He feels a sharp pain coursing through his whole leg, almost too much to bare.

"Oh my god!", Zach yells as the boys run over to their bandmate.

The lady at the wheel gets out of her car, obviously stunned about the whole situation.

"I-I, didn't see, um, he just-, I'm so", she covers her mouth with her hand, crying softly.

"It's not your fault, I was on my phone", Daniel says through clenched teeth and tears.

The lady suddenly comes to her senses, and dials 911 on her phone.

"What hurts Dani?", Jonah asks putting a hand on his shoulder.

Daniel wants to speak, but adrenaline's pumping, he can't seem to stop crying, and the pain doesn't make the situation any better.

He wants to answer Jonah with the mouth he knows he has, but can't get the words out.

So he just points to his leg, and moves his finger up and down, signaling that his whole leg is in pain.

"Ambulance is on its way", the lady says still crying.

"It hurts so bad", Daniel cries hysterically, holding his knee.

"I know, bud, I know. We're gonna get you help", Corbyn reassures him.

Daniel is shaking from the pain, and the shock, while also choking on his sobs.

He just lets out small whimpers and cries, trying to catch his shaky breath.

"Calm down, you're gonna be okay", Jonah says rubbing Daniel's back.

The ambulance finally arrives, after what feels like eternity.

They take a few minutes to put Daniel on the stretcher, since most motion made him cry out in pain.

All the boys were able to ride on the ambulance, each comforting Daniel one way or another.

The whole ride to the hospital, Daniel trembled, and the adrenaline had warm off, letting the pain hit full force.

He sobbed and screamed in pain, trying to catch his breath once more.

"Jo, it hurts so bad, a-and it's constant", Daniel says, sealing his eyes tightly shut.

"I know, Dani. Almost there", Jonah reassures him gently.

But he wasn't conscious to see them reach the hospital.

Exhausted, Daniel felt his eyes close unwillingly.

But eventually, he lets them stay closed, and tiredly, he slips out of consciousness.

2 hours later...

Daniel's eyes squint open, as he comes to.

The boys all stand up from their chairs, seeing Daniel's blue eyes open ever so slightly.

"Hey buddy, you awake?", Zach says.

Daniel forces his eyes to open wider, wanting to wake up.

He notices that his leg is inside something, and is in a little bit of pain.

"What happened?", Daniel asks looking down at what he now knows is a brace.

"I mean like I know I got hit, and hurt my leg, but like what happened after I passed out?", he adds.

"After you passed out, they gave you anesthesia, and took you into immediate surgery. You tore your ACL pretty badly. But if you rest, and do physical therapy the next few weeks, you'll be good to go", Jonah explains, leaning on the arm rests on the side of the hospital bed.

"Are you in any pain?", Jack asks.

"Just a little. Nothing I can't handle though. It's more of a discomfort", he explains.

"Well that's good I guess", Corbyn says.

"I can't believe it", Daniel says.

"What that you got hit by a car? I can't either", Jonah says.

"No that it all happened over a stupid dog Snapchat", he replies with a whole hearted laugh.

"Yeah that is pretty stupid", Zach agrees.

"I'm just glad your alive", Jack says putting a hand on Daniel's shoulder.

"Me too".