Chapter 11

Jeordie's POV

He leans down to me. Our lips meet, barely a push by our lips. His soft pink lips leave making me feel a pang of hurt. I open my eyes to see him gone and the door slamming in my face. My eyes start to tear up. I gasp in a sob. I can't cry, not here. I hug my body tightly with my sharp boned arms. I slip into the room and go straight to my bunk. I slowly sit on the firm mattress.

"Hey, what happened?" Zim says in a concerned voice. I feel my bed sink in next to me. I look up at him sitting next to me.

"Nothing, I just miss my parents already," I lie. I grab my blanket and lay down. My dreads cover the pillow.

"You miss your parents?" He says in a sarcastic voice. "Jeordie, we both know-"

"Just drop it." I mutter. I feel him shift awkwardly.

"I'll just go take a shower." He whispers. He gets up and I hear the thud of his booted footsteps go into the bathroom. I start to cry out quietly to insure that Marilyn can't hear me from across the room in his bunk. I wipe my tears on my blanket leaving some eye makeup on there.

"Twiggy?" Marilyn calls out in the uncomfortable silence. I sniff.

"Yeah?"

"C-come lay with me." My heart skips a beat.

"Why?" There is a silence. A small pause for a few seconds of him figuring out what his response should be. I grip my blanket tighter sealing the warmth around me. He finally clears his throat and speaks.

"Because I love you." He says with his voice cracking.

I get up and shiver from the sudden temperature change. The warmth on my body fades away. I first take off my uniform and slip on a night dress I find on the floor. I walk over to him.

"Why'd you push me out there, Brian?" I say, my voice sounds the saddest ever. He's facing the wall with his blanket tucked around him. His figure moves up and down in a steady pace of his breathing.

"Because I'm worried." He comments. Worried? I sit down on the bed and crisscross my legs.

"Why are you worried?" I finally ask. He takes a deep breath. His gaze doesn't move from the wall filled with his lyrics and drawings.

"You know that group that loves to pick on me?" I hum for him to continue. "So, you remember Adam from the first day of school? Anyways, he doesn't bother me most for nothing. Last year I came out of the closet. Everyone found out, and I mean everyone."

"Oh," I whisper.

"Adam started acting nice to me. He even flirted with me. I fell for him, I really liked him. He even told me that he likes me! One day he asked me to meet him in the courtyard at night. Who knew this was going to be the night that would end me? I went to the courtyard, he was already there. I went up to him. I remember him saying 'I have something to tell you'. Before he could finish I told him that I loved him. Then I kissed him." He pauses for a while now in await of my comment.

"You kissed him?" I ask in shock. He tenses up. "Continue."

"He shoved me. His group of friends popped out of the bushes. Laughter from them filled the air. Then Adam asked me rhetorically 'why would I like a faggot like you?' I found out his whole thing was a joke from the very beginning."

"I'm so sorry." I place my hand on his back.

"Since then I don't trust anyone. I don't want to love anyone. It's all a lie!" He shouts.

"But I don't lie when I tell you that I love you." I whisper. He shifts his body to face me. He blinks some of his tears away. "Trust me." I confirm.

"Okay."

He sits up and I slowly sit on top of him. I slip my legs by his sides straddling him. I place my hands on his chest and slide them to his cold neck.

"I love you, Brian."

"I love you, Jeordie." I lean in and place my lips on his. We push them against each other softly. We move them in slow motions. "Please be mine?" he asks in between the kiss.

"Always."