Chapter Twenty;

Chapter Twenty;

Three days passed. Alana counted the sun rise and sun down, and each day that small glimmer of hope for a possible rescue died. Marie was sick, but her wounds were healing, as were Alana's internal ones.

She was able to think, to piece those puzzles together which failed to make sense days and days ago. Months even.

The reality was that Crystal truly was innocent to the entire situation. Her unwillingness to know truth is what kept her alive. Had she'd taken the same path of Samantha, the path of a fight against Nathan and James, she'd be dead as well.

Pressing a finger to her lips, she stood and watched as the sun light depressed. Another day was passing.

Chapped lips. Dirty, cold skin. Empty belly.

She sighed and opened her mothers notebook to the next entry.

Dear Alana,

The truth is that Isaac is falling in love with Vivian. They worked together for a while now, and I've noticed his look, his more than elated, more than willingness to work beside her.

You do remember me telling you about a sacrifice, yes?

Perhaps, my decision to enter Isaac's world into one of which was filled with terror, death, and constant deceit was not completely a guaranteed depression for my mental. To watch such a love develop is heartwarming.

It reminds me of Rodney and I. How we loved one another so much. How I still love him.

You remember him right? The mailman with the sad, big brown eyes. He's cute isn't he? So beautiful, yet filled with such a haunting, devastating past.

It is ironic how I now live a life similar to what he'd managed to escape. He said he'd grown up living with a man much like Nathan. Bitter, sneaky, untrustworthy. He said he got away from the man before he was killed, but I wonder... will I get away before I am killed?

Can I get us all away? You, me, Isaac, and Vivian? Can I get Hunter, and the others away? Can I?

-

Message.

This chapter is extremely short because I have writer's block. It's been weeks, maybe months since I last updated because I have nowhere to go from here. Since I have been gone I've notice more people reading and a few people have voted for my chapters.

I'm so thankful for those who have shown me that love. I do need help with this story, or a bit more time to think it out. It's a lot that I want to cover before the story ends but I'm torn on what to do.

Again, thank you to everyone reading, and supporting. It's appreciated.