Chapter Six; New Friends and Confessions

Chapter Six;  New Friends and Confessions

"Ethan stop!" Jade giggled as Nathan picked her up over his shoulders and smacked across her butt. She beat onto his back but Alana noticed there was no real aggression placed in those punches. Jade was enjoying herself just as Nathan was. "I gotta pee... Please man!"

Alana glanced up ahead at Hayden and Elaine walking beside one another. Elaine pointed to a heavyset woman standing in the McDonald's line and laughed as Hayden smirked and shielded his eyes.

Alana couldn't determine their relation to one another. She didn't entirely expect them to be an item because, otherwise, Hayden wouldn't have touched her in the way that he did, or perhaps he would and simply not consider Elaine's feelings, although it was hard for Alana to imagine that being the case. She couldn't say they were best friends because even that was a stretch considering the conversation Alana had overheard Hayden have with Elaine over the phone when Crystal had left home. Being simply friends was... debatable, but almost to simple a title to fit the relationship the two shared.

"Don't try to understand them." Tyrone said from behind her.

She trailed just behind Jade and Nathan, completely neglecting to question Tyrone's sudden absence.

With a low gasp, she stiffened, watching as Tyrone stepped to her side. He smiled, warming her heart, and with a breath of relief she returned the smile.

"You'll always end up short, baby doll." Tyrone nodded towards the two couples. Nathan and Jade, then Elaine and Hayden. "They been my homies since diaper days and I still can't comprehend what it is they got going on." He chuckled, shaking his head.

Alana waited for him to resume his speech, but he didn't. With a frown, she shrugged and looked down at her fingers.

"Well, tell me what you know." She cursed herself the minute the statement left her lips, but she didn't entirely regret asking. She did truly want to know what was going on. Another thing that she noticed was that everyone, even Crystal, referred to Nathan as Ethan rather than what Elaine had called him the day they had the altercation in the hall. She was beginning to wonder if she had heard wrong. That, however, was a question she couldn't just slip up and ask. The answer to a question like that may be something only she could expect to hear from Nathan himself, or Elaine.

Tyrone smirked and wrapped his arm around Alana's shoulder, pulling her close to his side. She couldn't help her smile. She adored Tyrone's forwardness. It was a trait she wished to possess herself.

"Well, baby doll..." he began with a playful sigh, as if it would take him forever to explain what she was asking for. "Ethan and Jade are an official couple, but because of our recent... businesses..." he frowned, but quickly shook whatever thought had faltered him. "They fall off from time to time. What I mean by fall off-".

Alana smiled and rolled her eyes. "I know what you mean, punk."

She suddenly felt him pushing her in front of his body so he could slip both his arms over her shoulder and whisper against her neck.

Alana admitted, it could be a 'more than friends' gesture, but in the manner Tyrone handled her, she didn't get the feeling he was attracted to her in that fashion. Like Isaac had said, he made people feel drawn to him. He was naturally friendly.

"Awe yea? I'm a punk now?" He laughed.

She playfully inched away from his deep voice piercing her eardrums, even though it didn't seriously bother her.

It shocked her how submissive she was to his appeal but it felt nice not to feel so uptight and timid.

"You already knew that." She giggled. "Now, finish telling me."