Chapter One; New Fish in The Ocean

They entered the doors of Kenzie Highschool with a sort of grace about them. Their beautiful faces without expression as they eyed their surroundings.

It seemed the entire student body had stopped their action to watch them enter within the boundaries of Kenzie High.

Every face watching wore curiosity. Where had they come from? Did they mean to be here?

Alana cocked her head and expressed a slight frown as she watched them enter together. She was fascinated. Not the fascination you'd be after discovering something, but the fascination one would feel after finally understanding something that was forever obvious.

The girl who led the group took a look at Alana and double glanced. She was gorgeous with a bright skin complexion and a short natural hair cut. She tapped the boy's arm beside her and pointed at Alana.

The boy was even more stunning. His skin was dark and a milky smooth. He wore a head full of long dreadlocks. His body sculpted beneath his clothes in perfection, however, covered with tattoos that may or may not mean anything.

"Why do white people always do this shit when we come around?" Laughed the only other girl with the group. She wore long purple hair that stopped at the middle of her back. She was coffee colored just like the boy with the dreadlocks and just as beautiful as the girl who led the group--if not more.

The girl leading the group smirked and nodded her head towards Alana. "I don't know but that one over there pressin' me."

Alana knew exactly what the girl was implying. Of all the people who stared, Alana's gaze bothered her most for whatever reason.

She quickly turned back to her locker and pulled out the items she would need for the next three periods. Her textbooks, English folder and gym uniform.

When she turned back around the group was gone and everyone whispered their hushed opinions to the person standing beside them.

A junior girl stood beside Alana. She had plain blonde hair and messy eyebrows.

"Me personally... I don't care that they're here, just as long as they don't steal my stuff and try to sell me drugs."

She later found out she had gym with one of them.

The one with the long purple hair.

The girl had styled her gym uniform to perfection, cutting her shirt in some areas and tying it in knots in others so it fit her structure with ease.

Alana had been playing around on the treadmill -which was in the weight room beside the gym- when the girl approached and tapped her shoulder. She stood on the treadmill beside Alana's and pointed to it.

"You know how to work this?" She asked.

Alana fumbled for a moment before stopping her mill and showing the girl how to turn hers on and set it.

"Thank you." The girl said as Alana returned to her own treadmill.

She had told Mr. Smith that she would build muscle but it was hard for her to decide where to began. She figured the treadmill was a nice start. She'd seen Bret do it for weeks now and he was one of the strongest looking guys she was familiar with.

"Don't trip on Elaine. She's actually really sweet when you get to know her." The girl flipped her long hair onto her shoulder and held it out to Alana. "See, she does my hair. She's been coloring it for two years now and it just gets longer and longer. Wanna feel?"

Alana smiled lightly and shook her head.

The girl grinned and urged on. "Come on, white girl. No need to be scared, it ain't from Brazil, China or no shit like that. It's all mine, I promise." She took Alana's hand and guided it onto her soft curls. "And your hair..? Is it naturally black like that?"