Chapter 15

*Christopher's P.O.V*

"Come on, boys. Let's go back into Soc territory," I said, directing my friends back to the car.

"Where's Liz?" her boyfriend, that I've beaten many times before, asked.

"Ponyboy, was it? Elizabeth is down there, waiting for you," I said and just walked off. Before anyone could say anything, I got to my car. "Come on, let's go!" Dan, Joe, and Silas got in the car a few seconds later, and I drove away.

I put the pocket knife down. "Christopher," Silas asked. "What did you do to Liz?"

I chuckled. "I just taught her a lesson." We drove past the yard. On the way we saw Ponyboy and some other guy running toward her. I saw Liz on the ground with blood running down her stomach.

"Liz!" Dan yelled. "Christopher, why would you do that?"

"Why? Why did I cut my little sister? Why did I treat her like crap when she was around? Why did I make her feel useless? Why do I lie to get my way? Why?" I lowered my voice. "I don't know. . . I've never known. When Mom died, Liz was the person left there to remind me of her. When it was her funeral, Liz was still in the hospital, being waited on hand and foot. You want to know why Liz is named Elizabeth? Because that was my mother's name! Everything about Liz represents my mother! The person I only knew for four years. My mother loved me more than anything in the world. The moment Liz arrived into this world she took everything away from me. That's why I hate her. That's why I blame her. That's why I treat her like crap. I want to make her life a living hell, just like she's made mine since the minute she was born by taking my mother away."

The ride home was silent after that. I was glad for it. If they asked anymore questions, I probably would have punched someone.

We got to my place and headed straight for my room. Dan, Joe, and Silas have been staying at my house every Friday night since Liz left as a "coping thing" as I put it to Dad.

I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and saw my dad.

"Christopher, where have you been?" He asked.

"We were just driving around," beating up greasers, "having some fun."

"Oh alright, as long as you didn't get into trouble," he said. My father is so easy to convince; I'm surprised Liz never tried it before.

"Well, night, Dad. Gotta get some sleep." That was a lie. It was only 11:30 at night.

"Night, son," he said and shut the door.