Home time

Vic's Pov

end of camp

I kiss Ashley one last goodbye, leaning down on the ground. I also kiss her stomach and our baby goodbye; we worked out that we conceived the previous week of the holiday; don't ask us how because we didn't change anything other than she went into heat. She is three months pregnant, but she looks six; she promised me to go to a doctor at her home pack to find out if the baby will be born in human time, werewolf, or vampire time. While humans take forty weeks to give birth, wolves take twenty-six weeks. Vampires take fifteen, meaning she will almost be due if the baby comes out mostly vampire, but this is such a special thing we never know "we will be back together in two weeks, don't stress," she laughs out I growl, making her laugh more "but I will miss you" I comment she nods her understanding but keeps laughing, I look at her guards. They nod, knowing what I was already going to say "we will look after her, don't you worry," they say simultaneously. I nod and head onto the private jet. We convinced our parents to have our packs mostly packed up so we could move straight away. They already signed the papers over to us, making us the alpha and luna, and we already merged the packs, so all that is left is for us to pack our stuff and make sure it gets to the palace nicely.

As we land in New Zealand, I rush out, breathing in the nice crisp air "daddy", I laugh out, running into his arms, missing them greatly. "I am so proud of you", he smiles out. I laugh and just hug him again, and then my mum. While on school break, my sister found her mate, the next in line alpha of the pack they stayed at, so she immediately went back to him after camp finished and joined his pack. "how is the packing going" I ask "everyone is almost done. Everyone is packing up the rest of the house now; the moving truck arrives in two days, and everyone is willing to help you pack. We will clean the house in three days and leave in four, while it will take fours days to travel, we have hired three private jets and booked out two human aeroplanes so everyone can come over at once" I nod, heading inside; I greet my pack and ask a group of teen wolfs who are yet to go camping to come to help me and ask the rest of the wolves who are not bordering runners to help the rest of the campers to pack. We will all help pack up the rest of the house tomorrow. Heading to my room, I am asked question after question about everything under the sun, from camp to my break, to being queen, to preparing to be a mother. I smile.

Thanking the wolves, I lay on my bed. My room is finally packed up, my five suitcases full of clothing and shoes. I decide to watch some tv when I hear Ashly's link open "hey baby, how's it going?" I question, and I can listen to her in pain "everything was already packed, even my room; we leave tomorrow", I smile. "I leave in four days, and it will take four days to get there, so you will have to deal with everything while I am away" I hear her sigh "about that, I'm in labour" I go still. My baby is coming, and I can't be there for her.