six.

yang jeongin bang chan

I smiled softly as Jeongin walked beside me, constantly making sure Duck was following.

The golden retriever seemed very loyal and went as far as finding a place to use the bathroom or sniff curiously, but always returned to Jeongin's side.

Jeongin began playing with Duck as we walked. The boy ran forward and Duck chased him.

I noticed Jeongin's scarf getting loose, then it flew off.

I caught it quickly and held the light brown cloth in my hand. Jeongin paused and turned back with a puzzled expression.

I waved the scarf and Jeongin smiled shyly.

He pushed his round glasses up the bridge of his nose and walked back to me.

I shook my head, "Be more careful; you could get hurt."

Jeongin nodded with a pout and stood still as I wrapped the scarf around his neck.

I moved forward more to fix a certain spot and paused when I felt Jeongin's breath on my neck.

I blinked a few times and looked up to Jeongin. Our faces where only inches apart. I gulped and then snapped back into reality.

I laughed awkwardly and finished fixing the scarf. I cleared my throat and backed up, "Uh, there you go.."

Jeongin's face was a light pink and he nodded, "T-thank you.."

I smiled slightly and shoved my hands in my pockets as I began walking again.

I was looking ahead when I felt a weight on my left arm.

I looked over to see Jeongin walking beside me with his arm linked with mine.

He looked to the ground as his words left his mouth, "I was cold.."

I hummed and let a smile play on my lips. I pointed at the shopping area in front of us, "There's a petco this way. Want to get Duck some stuff?"

Jeongin's face lit up and he nodded enthusiastically.

I walked forward, leading us to the store.

We entered the petco, still linked as Duck walked beside us.

Jeongin smiled and ran forward with Duck.

I heard him call for me in one of aisles and went there. Jeongin was looking at different dog foods as he pushed a cart.

He looked between the food and Duck, all the while a smile sported his face.

He was beautiful.

Even just talking to a dog like it would say something back and his hair a mess, he still looked ethereal.

I walked over and watched as Jeongin pointed at two different bags, "Chicken or beef?"

I tilted my head and squinted my eyes, "Did you just ask a dog named Duck if it wanted chicken flavored dog food?"

Jeongin let out a slight gasp, "You're right! I'm so sorry!"

I walked forward and grabbed the bacon flavored, "How about this one?"

Jeongin nodded and put the dog food in the cart.

I shook my head with a chuckle as Jeongin went to the next aisle. I watched as he dropped two bowls, one yellow bowl and one white bowl, in the cart.

He continued to walk and pointed at two beds as he spoke, "The yellow or the black?"

I thought for a moment, "Do the yellow, his fur will be more noticeable on the black."

Jeongin nodded and put the big bed in the cart.

He continued this until he got all the necessities for Duck.

He stopped at the collars, "Which one? I like the black one, but the white is good too."

I grabbed the black one, "I like it as well."

Jeongin nodded and grabbed the collar from me, "Can we get a duck shaped tag?"

I hummed, "Of course. Let's get him some toys first."

Jeongin smiled his bright smile and nodded. He walked down the aisle and looked at all the different toys.

He grabbed a squeaky kangaroo and a plush fox, "It's me and you!"

I chuckled and nodded. I picked up a squirrel plushy and showed Jeongin, "This looks like my friend, Jisung."

Jeongin nodded and put all three in the cart, "Lets get them all."

He grabbed a few more toys and a leash, with a harness, as well.

We went to cash register and Jeongin gasped, "Hold on!"

He came back with a baby blue cover, "We can't let our baby get cold!"

I felt the heat rise to my face at his sentence.

I smiled brightly and nodded.

We payed for all the items and went back to my place.

I told Jeongin where my room was and watched as Duck sniffed around the place, finally settling in front of the couch as he fell asleep.

I put food and water in his bowls and went to check on Jeongin.

He was arranging the stuffed toys on Duck's bed when I walked in.

I let my soft smile return as I watched Jeongin carefully rearrange the toys.

Jeongin stood up with a smile and turned, obviously surprised I was there.

He smiled up at me and opened his arms.

I tilted my head and walked into his embrace.

"What's with the sudden hug?"

Jeongin pulled away, "They say you should hug all your friends. Since you're my only friend, I have a lot of hugs for you."

I ruffled the younger's hair, "Stop being so cute."

Jeongin stuck his tongue out at me and walked into the living room. He sat on the couch, bending over slightly to pet Duck.

He looked up to me, "Want to have dinner at my house tonight?"

I shrugged, "Why not? Is Duck staying here?"

Jeongin hummed, "He has everything he needs, so he should be fine. You'll only be there for a couple hours."

"I'll go wash up a bit then."

Jeongin nodded as he continued to pet Duck.

I came back into the room not long later and grabbed my keys, "Lets go."

--

976 words; edited.

thoughts ?