three.

yang jeongin bang chan

I waved at Chan as he left the small cafe. I sighed contently and let a soft smile play on my lips.

Chan's playful remarks made me happy and the way his voice sounded coated with his Australian accent made me feel comfortable. He was all around welcoming.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and walked out the cafe doors, sending a text to my mother to inform her I was coming home.

Another smile played on my thin lips as a new number texted me and said "you're voice is honey and I'm a bee. we were meant to be."

I rolled my eyes slightly and sent a text back.

innie:
you're so cheesy.

[saved contact as 'chan hyung']

chan hyung:
well if I'm cheese, then
you're a mouse bc
you're so attracted to me ;)

innie:
that's not what I meant.

chan hyung:
you didn't deny it!

innie:
😶

I smiled at our messages and put my phone back into my pocket. I began walking back down the street and kicked at the multicolored leaves that had fallen from the branches of trees.

I wonder if trees ever feel sad when a leaf falls, or just don't notice because they have so many others. Leaves must be sad. They were separated from the others and forced to be away.

Maybe leaves are like me; they just except what has happened and go on with their shortened lives.

I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose as I looked up to my small house. I've always loved my house and it's always managed to make me feel safe.

I bent down and let my finger brush against the petal of a pink daisy, my favorite flower. I used to play in the flower gardens as a young child while other kids played with balls and toys.

Artificial.

That's what it all was. I've always preferred things that were real and alive, things given to humans by nature.

I smiled at the yellow exterior of my two story house. On the side of the house were many drawings made by myself when I went through my art phase.

I'd grown up in this house my entire life and memories filled every corner.

I walked up the white stairs and pushed open the baby blue front door.

My mother poked her head out from the kitchen and sent me a bright smile, one I had gotten from her, "Jeongin! Welcome home baby!"

I slipped off my shoes and locked the front door, then made my way to the kitchen.

I hugged my mother and kissed her cheek, "Hi Mom. What's for dinner?"

She shook her head and made her way back to the oven, "Of course you're only worried about the food. But I'm making spaghetti."

I jumped up onto the counter and swung my legs back and forth, "Yum. Is there anything you need help with?"

My mother shook her head, "Not with the food, but you can do your laundry and clean your room."

I hummed in response, "Yes ma'am."

I hopped off the counter and walked down the long hallway to the stairs, then made my way up.

I opened up my bedroom door and looked around. I straightened up the stuff on my desk and made my bed, the rest of the room already being cleaned.

I grabbed the laundry basket in my room and walked back down the stairs and into the laundry room.

I finished up that chore and went back to the kitchen, "How much longer till dinner is done?"

My mom glanced back at me, "Maybe ten minutes. I'll call you down when it's ready."

I hummed and ran back up the stairs and into my room. I collapsed on top of my bed that held white sheets and light brown blankets. My walls were a creme color and had different pictures of mainly me and my mom or the foxes, a couple of pictures with Hyunjin here and there as well.

I reached my hand to the picture frame beside my bed and on the nightstand. I held it above my face and let out a sigh.

It was a picture of me and Hyunjin in the park, him carrying me on his back. He truly was like an older brother to me. I miss him all the time, but he's happy so I'm happy for him.

I placed the picture back down and hugged my wolf plushie to my chest.

"You know, Wolfy, I met a guy today that reminds me of you. He's much like a wolf. He has a very outgoing and confident personality. I like that most about him."

I looked down to the wolf in my hands and let out a sigh, then looked up to my ceiling at the different sized stars scattering the vast area.

They've been up there since I was five, I believe that makes them survivors.

"Jeongin!"

I sat up and put Wolfy to the side, then got up and made my way downstairs to eat.

My mother gave me a smile and placed a plate in front of me, then sat down herself.

"Thank you. It looks delicious as always."

My mother laughed and shook her head, "I'm flattered. Now eat, baby."

I nodded and began eating my dinner.

"Oh. I met this guy named Chan at the zoo today."

[][][]

907 words;edited.

thoughts?