five.

yang jeongin bang chan

I groaned at the annoying buzz of my phone and rolled to my side, picking up the device.

I squinted my eyes, not adjusting to the brightness yet.

Once it was finally bearable to look at the screen without dying from the jumbled words and bright light, I opened the notification that had popped up.

chan hyung:
hey jeongin..

I was confused as to why Chan seemed so sad in his text. He normally would greet me with some cheesy pick-up line that made me smile and my heart beat a bit faster, without reason of course.

innie:
you alright hyung?
did smth happen??

chan hyung:
you were probably sleep.
sorry for waking you.

Up until now, I hadn't even paid attention to the time. My eyes darted upwards and landed on the numbers that read '4:26 AM'.

innie:
you're okay. but what's wrong?

chan hyung:
it's not important.
go back to sleep :)

innie:
sleep? who dat?
now what's up??
I won't be able to sleep
If you don't tell me what's
The matter anyway.

chan hyung:
I told you it's not
important and it's
really stupid but..
I wanted to know if
you can meet me tmr?

innie:
that's it?
I would've told you
yes anyway..
can channie not sleep nd
that's why he's texting me?

[ contact saved as 'channie' ]

channie:
maybe..
but sleep now!

innie:
YES SIR!
gn

channie:
goodnight ❤

The heart he sent made my heart flutter and my cheeks warm up. I threw my phone to the side and sat up quickly.

I placed my cold hands on my warm face and muttered to myself 'what the heck?'

I can't be developing feelings.. Right?

No. I'm not. I met the guy a few days ago and I do NOT like him.

But his words do make me smile and his texts make me laugh..

No.

I. Do. Not. Like. Chan.

--

The next day arrived swiftly and before I knew it, I was walking to Kay Cafe to meet Chan.

I pushed open the glass doors as the small bell welcomed me. The scent of baked goods and coffee beans filled my nose as soon as stepped foot inside.

I looked around anxiously and my eyes landed on a head of blonde hair.

I smiled to myself and made my way over. I slipped into the brown booth in front of Chan and he greeted me warmly.