two.

yang jeongin bang chan

I watched intently as the young boy, whose name I found to be Yang Jeongin, led me through the zoo. He pointed to each exhibit calmly and talked about each animal with high interest and a sparkle in his eye. It was clear that the animals held a soft spot in his heart.

He told me the names he chose to call every animal, since the zoo did not give them names so the visitors could call them what they want, and I decided to go by those.

He also introduced me to the foxes, who he clearly favored. All of it was quite heartwarming.

Jeongin stopped at one exhibit and pointed, "Find her."

I looked at him, then turned to the cage. I walked forward and looked through the clear, but sturdy, glass as I searched for an animal. Inside the exhibit held a cave shaped area in the back and many trees that were capable of being climbed by something big. There was also a small pond-like thing that was likely for drinking and maybe even bathing.

I looked closely, but still couldn't spot the creature. I turned to Jeongin, "Where is she? And what is she?"

Jeongin tapped the small plaque in front of the glass. I peered at the large letters that spelled out "Panther". I let a slight 'ah' out and turned back to the glass area.

Jeongin pointed in the direction she was located, "Look carefully. Right beside the cave, she's lying down there."

I squinted as to help me see her. I saw the flick of a tail that led to a large cat bathing in the sun.

I turned to Jeongin with a smile, "I found her."

Jeongin smiled as well, "Good job. I call her Athena, by the way. After the goddess."

I looked to Athena, "It's a very beautiful name, much like yours." I turned to see the younger's reaction to my words and noticed a light rose color covering his cheeks.

He looked at me and our eyes locked onto each other. He gave a smile. My heart did a flip.

"You're very cheesy, Bang Chan."

I smirked and gave a playful wink, "Only for you."

Jeongin shook his head, but continued to smile softly.

I leaned back against the plaque, "This was the last exhibit, correct?"

Jeongin nodded and I gave him a grin, "Want to go get coffee or something?"

Jeongin smiled and nodded once again, "I'm okay with that."

I began walking back to the entrance of zoo and walked to the employee area, "Wait for me here. I'm just going to clock out and change."

Jeongin hummed and I walked to the worker's area.

I was met by Hanna on her way out. She gave me a smile in which I returned. "You off, Chan?"

I nodded, "I'm going to hangout with someone I met today."

She tilted her head, "Lucky girl?"