Baby Fever

"Feeling any better?"

"Yeah still painful but bearable now. Ice chips help."

"Dan is on his way. He called while you were in the bathroom changing. Are you sure you're okay?" You'd heard childbirth as being so painful. Having no kids of your own you couldn't have known it or understood.

"Okay thanks for letting me know. I know you're my little sister but I just have to say I'm really scared. Like this is really happening I'm having a baby."

You smiled and took her hand in yours.

"I'm here for you Lex." The doctor came in shortly after and got started.

"You my dear will definitely be welcoming a little one in the world today." She smiled and just as she was about to leave Dan and Mena walked in. Dan taking your spot beside your sister while you went to hug Mena.

"Hey babe." He kissed you quick when you pulled back. Then went over to say hi to Alex. After 2 hours it was time.

"Yeah I should be able to start soo- Ahhhh." She let out a yell and you knew that could only mean one thing. The nurses had come in soon after with a cart with supplies and politely asked everyone to leave but the father. So you, Mena, and your parents quickly left and headed to the waiting area. Four hours had past and you were pacing.

"Y/N honey sit down. Alex is fine I promise." You nodded and sat back inbetween Mena and your mom. Leaning your head on his shoulder as he laced his fingers with yours. Kissing the top of your head.

9:20 pm a nurse came around the corner.

"Y/L/N family."

"That's us." You're dad said and she walked over to the four of you.

"Congratulations Grandparents and Auntie. Alex has given birth to a beautiful heathly baby girl. She's ready for guest if you guys would like to come in." You all hugged and you let your mom and dad go in first while you and Mena stayed back for a minute.

"Hey you okay?"

"Yeah why wouldn't I be? I'm an auntie now. We're not married yet but you're an uncle too."

"Someday we will be. Do you think we could do this? What Alex and Dan have done."

"Have a baby? I'd be lying if I told you I haven't thought about it myself. How cute would a mini you or me be?"

"Only the cutest. Come on let's go." He smiled the smile you love so damn much and you both walked to her room.

"Knock. Knock." You say opening the door. To find your mom holding the baby while sitting in the chair by your sister's bed with a smile on her face.

"You okay sis?"

"Yeah still sore but yeah. Come say hi to Bella."

Your mom slowly got up and slowly handed Bella to you.

"Hi Bella. It's your auntie Y/N. Yeah hi." Smiling wide as she made a noise as if she acknowledged she understood. Mena went to stand behind you to see her.

"Congratulations guys. She's a beauty."

"Thanks Mena. I'm sure one day we'll be saying the same. Soon I hope."

You weren't exactly sure if you had heard Mena correctly but he seemed to agree.

"Babe you want to hold her?"

"Yeah but I'd feel a whole lot better if I was sitting down." He took a seat and you placed her gently in his arms and you went to stand next to your mom.

"I can't wait to have his baby. Someday."

"I can tell you now he will be a great father."

"Yeah he will." You smiled just thinking about it watching him baby talk to Bella like he was. Was about the cutest thing you ever saw. By midnight Alex waa moved to another room and your parents had left. Family members would be here to visit the next day. You saw Alex was getting sleepy and Bella was already sleeping so you, Dan, and Mena stepped outside.

"Thank you so much for being here tonight guys."

"Wouldn't have missed it for anything. We'll be back tomorrow before we have to go home. If you need anything call us we're staying at a hotel not to far from here."

"The best sister in law to ever live but I think we got it for tonight. Go get some sleep."

"You too. You're going to need it."

"We'll see you tomorrow. Kiss Bella for us." Mena said and shook Dan's hand before he went back in the room. You both walked down the hall hand in hand.

"I know I'm not the one who just had a baby but I am just so tired."

"I know babe we'll be in the hotel room soon." He laughed and kissed the back of your hand.

"So you think we'll be up for the challenge when our time comes? I know I've asked already today but I just want to be sure."

"I wasn't lying when I said it before if that's what you think. I love you and one day it'll be us in the hospital room with our newborn."

"I love you too. Not as much as I'm about to love this bed." You laughed.

"I mean if you're not too tired we can always practice for the future." He winked and you playfully hit his chest.

"Mena! Although doesn't sound so bad."