Monalise and Rafael

"I'll tell him we won't be able to attend anymore. I'll call him tonight," I stepped out of the shower and threw my towel around me. I walked into my room, noting that the clothes I threw on the bed were gone.

"Okay Mona. I'll call you tomorrow, hija."

I hang up the phone slightly shaken up. Who knew what he had in store for us at that "dinner". Perhaps Rafael didn't know because there's no way he'd be okay with me going somewhere that my father was hated.

Deciding to forget the situation temporarily, I grabbed the lotion on my bedside table and rubbed it on my legs. I spotted a coral dress in the closet that would be suitable for the dinner tonight. I was a satin coral dress that hugged my body stopping right above my knees.

I put it on along with deodorant and a dash of Bvlgari perfume. I didn't bother with jewelry, aside from my rings, but I did throw on some heels short enough that I wasn't going to be uncomfortable.

Just when I was about to go fix up my hair, I heard voices of men and then Rafael's voice calling me down. I let my hair down and tousled it a little bit.

I walked down the stairs to see three men and an older woman in the foyer with my husband. Rafe was dressed in a black dress shirt and black slacks. His hair was wet, meaning he took a quick shower in one of the other many bathrooms we had.

The youngest of the men was the first to notice me come down the stairs, "¿Como estas, señora Boerio?" He gave a polite smile then looked away from me. If I was correct, he didn't want to offend Rafael by staring at me too long.

Everyone turned to look at me then. The woman's eyes raked over me in a sort of disapproval before giving her husband, whose eyes seemed to be glued to my legs, the side eye. Rafael's eyes traveled the length of me memorizing what he already knew. Lust was clear as day in his eyes when he looked back at my face. I blushed and took the last step onto the tile.

The men rushed over, giving me hugs and kissing me on the cheek. I could tell they were of Latin descent because of their accents.

"Perdon por hacerlos esperar. My husband didn't mention what time you'd all be here." I walked over to him and put a hand on his chest. I turned to face the woman.

"¡Hola, mujer!" I extended my hand since she didn't seem like the hug and kiss type. She took it and gave me a fake smile.

Rafael wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into him, "Mona, this is Pablo Garcia, his wife Ana, and his sons Hector and Pablo Jr. They're in town from Nicaragua."

The name sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place it.

"Please, come into our home. We are honored to have you here." Rafe lead the men in leaving me and Ana behind. Our heels clacked in synch as we walked to the dining room.

"How long will you be in town?"

She smiled, "We leave tomorrow at noon. We were only here for a charity gala but your husband invited my husband over for dinner to talk about important business."

"Oh, I wish you were all staying longer. The city has so much to see."

She turned back around, "There's too much to do back at home, we can't possibly stay another day." She tugged on my hand to stop just as we were about to enter the dining room, "You should excuse yourself to cover that bruise on your neck."

I reached up and covered it with my hand. I completely forgot it was there. Rafe really couldn't have chosen a worst time to give me a hickey.

"Lo siento, Señora. My husband got carried away. No quise ofenderte."