Chapter 14

Camila's POV

"... I had to call someone so I asked if he could leave the room and then you came in and it got really awkward because I still have to call that person.", I rambled.

"Oh okay.", Syra replied but in my story. "Cmon Austin, I'll talk to you about the decisions."

After Austin and Syra left the room, I waited a few minutes before heading to my room.

"Did you finish you phone call?", Penny asked with a hint of suspicion.

I gave her a subtle look saying I'd tell her everything later.

"Alright here is the outfit and accessories for your audition. Great song by the way!", Penny exclaimed.

I took a look at the outfit and smiled. It consisted of a pair of white jeans, and pink top, a blue denim crop jacket, and a pair of grecian sandals. This audition will be great!

.

.

.

.

.

Next Morning

Camila's POV

I woke up to find the living room empty and heard noises in the kitchen. Just as I walked in, everyone jumped out and yelled 'SURPRISE!!!!!'. I jumped and squealed as I saw the whole table set up as a breakfast buffet. We have to leave in four hours, so we made you a breakfast buffet because you have some time to spare.

"Thanks guys so much!", I ran up to my mom and friends and gave them a big hug.

When I hugged Austin it was a little awkward but luckily no one noticed. As everyone was getting food Penny pulled me aside.

"What happened yesterday?", she asked.

"Well, I had just finished picking my song when I saw Austin staring at me. I snapped him out of it and he said he was just thinking.", I replied. "Then, he complimented my voice for my song choice and I obviously looked down and blushed at the compliment. He lifted my head up and said I looked cute and we just stared at each other."

"Oooooh, what happened next?", Penny asked excitedly.

"I'm getting there!"

"Okay, okay."

"Anyway, then we just stared at each other until we heard the doorknob move, so we jumped apart. We both realized how close we were, so my face was as red as a baboon's butt when Syra came in."

"Hahaha, that must've been funny!", Penny exclaimed.

I glared at her.

"Okay, now let's go eat.", she said.

We made our way over to the group who were chatting about how they were gonna take pictures with the celebrity judges if they met them backstage.

After breakfast, my mom cleaned up in the kitchen as all us kids went to my room. I took a shower while the rest of them got my bag ready with my supplies.

Penny put my clothes in the bathroom as I got ready. I came out only to be pulled into a chair by Katy.

"Not too much.", I told her as she started my makeup.

.

.

.

.

.

At X-Factor Place

Camila's POV

After Katy put on my make up, I just got some last minute things and we left. I rode with my mom, Penny, and Syra. Katy rode with Austin and Arron.

Right now I'm waiting I t he practice room with two hundred other people waiting for my number to be called.

"Camila Cabello", I heard a lady say.

"Right here!", I said as I walked towards the lady.

She motioned for me to follow her. We went through these double doors and entered a hallway that led backstage.

I gave my mom and friends one last hug before the host asked if I was ready. I nodded. I stood there for what seem like an eternity until I heard the phrase that set my nerves on overload.

"Camila, you're on."