Chapter 10

Penelope's POV (very rare)

I took a look around and the whole class staring at Camila with wide eyes. I then glanced at Camila to find her eyes open with a mix of fear and anticipation. I need to take matters into my own hands.

"Yeah Mila!", I shouted as I got up and started clapping.

The whole class snapped out of their trance and started clapping. Camila blushed furiously and glanced towards the ground as she walked back to her seat next to me. As the clapping died down, Miss Brooke stood up form her seat and went to the front of the room.

.

.

.

.

.

Camila's POV

Suddenly, Penny got up and started clapping and the whole class followed her lead. I kept my head down as I walked back to my seat. Once the applause died down, Miss Brooke got up and went to the center of the room to say something.

"What a great way to kick off the morning. I'm sure we can all agree that Camila has an excellent voice.", she stated which lead to another round of applause. "Before we continue with our class, I would like to introduce a new student. Can please everyone welcome Angie McFly?"

What? I suddenly sat up looked at the new student walking towards the center of the room. a kid in the back row snickered at her name while his friend coughed 'slut'. I turned my head towards Penny and looked at her with wide eyes.

"What is she doing here?", I asked Penny as Angie was introducing herself.

Penny shrugged but had a worried expression on her face.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

After Class

Camila's POV

"Camila and Angie, before you leave I would like to speak with you.", Miss Brooke called out.

I gathered all my thing and walked towards Miss Brooke as Penny told me she will be waiting outside.

"Camila, can you show Angie around for the day and answer any questions she might have?", asked Miss Brooke.

What? She can't seriously be asking me to do this. But she doesn't know. What could be the worst that could happen.

"Umm... sure Miss Brooke.", I replied.

I looked at Angie who had a little smirk plastered on her face. I gulped.

"Also, Camila, think about trying out for X-Factor.", Miss Brooke added. "I've emailed your mom the details about the audition, tell her why."

"Sure", I answered.

I left the classroom with Angie in tow. just liked she promised, Penny was waiting outside.

"Penny, Angie is going to hang with is for the rest of the day... Okay?", I asked.

She shrugged looking confused. I widened my eyes a little to indicate I would tell her later.

We all headed to class and decided to meet up at lunch.