Chapter 1

A/N - Hey Guys, this is my first book so I would really enjoy some constructive critisism. I will be updating every week and more often if I have time... as for the usual update day will Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Thanks, Sana

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(2 Day Before School)

Mila's POV

Hi, I'm Camila Cabello but people usually call me Mila. I am 16, almost 17 and sophomore year of high school. I recently switched schools and it's kinda scary. The reason we moved is a story for another time but for now let me tell you about my self. I am considered short but in reality, I am at an okay height. I have black, straight hair that falls a little below my armpit. I have a skin tone in between pale and tan and I love music. I have always wanted to audition for x-factor but never had the courage to... Oh well!

I just moved to Chicago 2 months before school started from Miami leaving my best friend Lauren behind. As I got familiar with the city, I came upon a cafe on the outskirts of town where it is really quiet. I went there everyday and while I was there and thought. I thought about a lot of things. Like how great this place would be as a photo background. Or how many friends I'll make on the first day of school. Today I was thinking about my school and what it would be like. Would it be hard or easy? Do I have enough supplies? Do I have all the latest fashions? All these thoughts were interrupted by "# Selfie" by The Chainsmokers. I looked over at my phone and saw the caller ID, "Mom" it said. I answered.

"Hey mom!"

"Hi Mila. I need you to come home right away, I have a surprise for you."

"Alrighty mom, see you in 10 minutes"

I put down the phone and slowly gathered my belongings. I put everything in my bag, picked up my phone and headed from the door. As I walked outside, I saw someone leaning against the wall with a fedora. i could kind of see their face and they looked really familiar. I was sure Id seen them before but I shook it off. I had to go home. As I walked, I thought... maybe I'm just tired.

.

.

.

.

.

Mom's POV

As I was wrapping the box, I heard the front door open and shut.

"Hey mom, I'm home. What was the surprise you had for me?", I hear Mila shout.

"What, I don't get a how was your day?, I asked.

"Sorry mom! How was your day?"

"It was fine. Here is your surprise!"

.

.

.

.

.

Mila's POV

"It was fine. Here is your surprise!", my mom says holding out a little box.

The box was covered in wrapping papaer with the most adorable litte penguins ever. There was a big red bow on the top with ribbon tied around.

"Wow mom, you didn't have to do this.", I said.

"It was the least I could do for making yuo move here from Ireland and leaving your friends behind. Now open the preasent!", my mom says.

I laugh as I start to untie the ribbon and rip the wrapping paper off. As soon as I get a glimpse of the logo, I flip out!

"Thank you so much. I really mean it! This is the best preseant ever.", I say.

I take the box and run upstairs. Plopping down on my bed, I read the label carefully a few times to make sure it was really what I thought it was. I cannot beleive my mother got me a...