Our Bus Driver is a Crazy Psychotic Goat

After we'd packed the necessary things for our trip- a pair of extra clothes, some ambrosia, in a plastic tupperware container, and nectar in a canteen, as well as some gold drachmas in a plastic ziplock bag, and some other personal supplies- we were told that we would be picked up in front the Big House by Argus. I had a light carry-on backpack as well as a small bag with an extra pair of clothes just in case. After being here for more than a week I was starting to realize that I needed to expect the unexpected. As we stood together outside the Big House we started talking about what we were going to do. 

"You know, I have NO idea what to say to this guy." Skye said seriously.

"Don't look at me. I've never been on a quest in my life." Dale answered and from the sound of her voice I could tell she was nervous. 

Shadow hadn't been too happy about the fact that both Dale and myself were going on a quest when he wasn't. Matt had looked very proud of us and told us to take care of ourselves. Honestly, I had been so touched I started tearing up. They were my family now as much as my mom, Marty, and Paul were. 

"We need to relax and think. The first question is who would give Bram this illness? Does he have any enemies?" Rex asked.

"I can't think of anyone who would dislike Bram." Joanna said standing closer to Rex. "Do you think maybe it was aimed for someone other than Bram? Someone they can't reach?"

"Like Chiron?" John asked.

"Maybe." She answered.

"What do you think this Ascepius guy is going to tell us?" I asked. "Like what are the 14 Elements, and WHERE are we supposed to find them once we know? How long do we have before Bram's state becomes more serious?"

"We'll just have to see when we get there." Skye answered and I frowned. I hated waiting.

"Alright, on you get. I can only take you half way because Chiron needs me here. Don't worry though. I arranged for you to ride with someone else." Argus said as he drove the bus over to us.

"Who is this someone else?" Dale asked.

"Oh, You'll see." He answered grinning and one of his many eyes winked at us.

"I don't know if I like the sound of that." John said and climbed in the bus.

The rest of us followed and settled into the seats.

The first half of the trip was a long one. Not only did we get bored about 10 minutes after we got into the bus, but there was this odd tension that filled the bus. I asked Dale what was wrong and she attempted to explain it to me. 

"You see, as demi-gods we have a scent that attracts monsters. Depending on who our parent is our scent can be weak or strong. As the daughters of Apollo, you and I have a stronger scent, then say, Skye, who's the son Aeolus. Rex has a pretty strong scent as do Joanna and John. So as of now we smell like a moving Burger Joint to the monsters and they aren't scared to come attack us." She explained.

"So we're in danger of getting attacked at any moment?" I asked worriedly. 

"That's why quests are so rare now days. So many half-bloods never come back." Skye said from the seat behind ours. 

For some reason he'd been sticking close to Dale and I.

I shivered. "Thanks for freaking me out." I retorted sarcastically. 

"OK, all of you out. Brock's waiting." Argus said and stopped the bus in a parking lot next to a taxi.

"Oh no, not Brock." I heard Rex groan.

"You know this Brock guy?" I asked him as we piled out. 

"Oh yea. I know him. He nearly killed me while bringing me to camp. Great guy for a saytr. If you don't mind his driving that is." He answered.

"How are we all supposed to fit in this taxi?" Joanna asked looking into the back seat.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it." Someone said from behind us and I jumped. "Rex! My man, how're you? I see you survived."

He seriously looked like an acne ridden teenager with a pair of over baggy pants and shoes that looked way to big for him. That and he was eating a soda can. Nothing weird about that. 

He hit a button on his keys and the taxi shimmered. Then next thing I knew it was a bus.

"Neat huh?" He asked and I nodded speechless.

"Cool! It's just like dad's chariot!" Dale exclaimed running over and climbing in.

Dad's chariot? Obviously she'd already met Apollo. For some reason that upset me.

"You coming?" Skye asked as I stared at the bus that had once been a taxi.

"Yea..." I said uncertainly and climbed in.

Brock grinned and put his foot on the gas. 

He backed us out of the parking lot and took off. I screamed.

"I told you his driving is bad!" Rex called from his seat as I clung to mine.

"He is going to kill us all before we even start the quest!" Joanna screamed.

"Just hold on and you'll be fine." John assured us.

I hoped he was right.