I Move In

Since I'd been claimed I had to move cabins. Chiron made me go pack my things up immediatly so I could move that very day. Joy, right? Zack was really happy to see me when I walked in.

"Hey! Did you finally decide it was better to practice swords with me then go swimming with the girls? Nice suit by the way." he said looking up from his backpack.

"Thanks Zack... um... I have to repack my stuff so would you tell me where Nelly put my backpack? She stole it from me yesterday and I still haven't found it." I said stuffing stuff into one of my 4 suitcases.

"Yea sure..... It's in the Aphrodite cabin.... Why are you packing?" He answered.

"I.. uh... got claimed." I said.

"You got claimed?! No way! By who?" He asked in shock.

"Apollo." I said taking inevntory of my things. 

In this cabin you had to or you'd be robbed blind.

"So you're leaving!" He asked sounding really sad.

"Yea. Chiron wants me to move into cabin 7 by this afternoon so I've got to get everything packed up and dragged over there." I said confused at his sadness.

After I'd packed everything in my suitcases and then gotten my backpack back and packed it I started dragging my things over to my new cabin.

"Hey  Kaire! I heard you were claimed by Apollo! How cool is that?!" Justin said once I'd dragged everything over to the front door.

"I guess. Do I knock or just walk in?" I said.

"Knocking is more polite but it's your home now so I say just walk in." Rex said walking up behind me.

I opened the cabin door and walked in to the well lit cabin. It was like the collest thing I'd ever seen. Instruments of all kinds lined the walls and there were music books strewn everywhere. There were also props for plays and scripts lying around. And the books. I had never seen so many books in my life! Every wall seemed to be a book shelf and there were still more books covering the floor and beds. I gasped in delight as I saw one of my favorite books sticking up through the pile of books closest to the door.

"Be careful not to trip. I'm in the middle of reorganizing so there are books and such all over the place." Someone said and I jumped.

"Oh um. Hello. I'm... Uh... Kaire. I was claimed by Apollo and told to move into the cabin... where do you want me?"

"Kaire? Well, welcome to the House of Music little sis! Pick a bunk. Dale has the bunk next to the bathroom and Shadow has  the one next over mine. Mine is that one over there." The person said and a hand pointed to a bunck near the back of the room. "I'm Max by the way." 

Matt was a really handsome guy. He was tall and tanned nicely with scruffy black hair that only he could pull off, and the most beautiful ocean blue eyes anyone has ever seen. He was wearing an orange camp T-shirt with skinny jeans and a pair of Vans. A dog tag hung around his neck and he has a silver ring on his right index finger and a leather bracelet on his right wrist. He turned to grin at me and I saw a red stud in his left ear.

"It's nice to meet you." I said shyly making my way over to an empty bunk dragging my backpack and one of my suitcases along with me. 

"So what all did you bring?" Matt asked after I'd gone to get my other 3 suitcases. 

"Well, everything." I laughed.

He came to stand over me as I unpacked all my things and then said. "By the way, you can treat me like an older brother. I've always wanted a little sister. Dale's a year younger then me but she doesn't like me much so... yeah. My mom never remarried after marrying Apollo so I don't have any other siblings but you guys." 

"Oh?" I asked feeling welcomed.

He did seem like the older brother type. Sure I'd just met him but I liked him already.

"Do you have any other siblings?" He asked.

"I have a 2 year old little brother. So I'm used to bing the older one. Not the little one." I said.

"Well you're the baby of this cabin I think. I'm 18 and Dale's 17. Shadow is 16. How old are you?" He pointed out.

"I'm 14." I answered.

"Well, you will be babied by Dale I know. Shadow like never comes to the cabin so I don't know about him. I will probably baby you a little..." He said laughing some.

I was fine with it. He seemed nice and if Apollo was his father as well he WAS technically my older brother.

"I already feel welcomed here. It's so nice. Thanks for the great welcome." I said a little awkwardly.

"That's what older brother's are for. You'll like it here. I'm sure of it." He said,