The Sun Explodes in My Face

Dinner was actually really fun. Zack intruduced me to all the girls in cabin 9 and Seth inturduced me to all the guys. Even though every one was kind of upset that I wasn't actually a daughter or Hermes they accepted me and made room for me at the already over crowded picnic table. Once our food was served, barbeque and any drink you could imagine, we all had to get up and scrape part of our food into the fire. That was fine with me because I'd been given too much anyways but I wondered what the reason for wasting perfectly good food was. As Seth went up I heard him talk to Hermes. Maybe it was a gift to our parent?

When it was my turn I scraped off a very large section of my food into the flames and whispered, "Dad. I don't really hate you. I just don't understand why you left. Please claim me." Then made my way back to the over crowded Hermes' table.

                                                                      *A week later*

I saw a lot of the guy, Rex, who had first met me when I had gotten to camp. He was a son of Hephaestus and lived in cabin 11 which was two doors down from cabin 9 where I stayed becuase my father still refused to claim me. We got along fairly well, the kids from the Hermes' cabin and I , but I still felt I was supossed to be somewhere else. My favorite part of camp was the archery and my least favorite was the swords. Capture the flag was also fun and we played almost every night after dinner. I talked with Chiron as much as I could to help me understand what my father went through... being a Greek god and all. Justin the Saytr followed me around like a puppy and I soon got used to him and learned to ignore his goat features.

"Hey, Kaire!" A girl named Nelly yelled as I walked back from my archery practice.

She was one of the Hermes girls and one of the few girl friends I'd made. She was dressed in a tight orange camp t-shirt and a pair of expensive designer jeans. Her strawberry blonde hair was curled and her brown eyes had a little bit of glitter over their lids. She'd obviously been to the Aphrodite cabin.

"Yea?" I called back making my way over to her.

"You want to come swimming with me and the Aphrodite girls?" She asked taking my quiver of arrows from me.

"I'd love to but Zack wanted to help me with my sword practice." I answered.

"Oh come on, PLEASE!" She asked giving me the puppy dog eyes.

"Ok Fine." I answered laughing. "Come and help me tell Zack. Then I'll grab my bathing suit and we can head over to the bathrooms."

She followed me as I went into the cabin and then waited as I grabbed my bathing suit and then we headed to the bathrooms. Once we'd changed we made our way to the lake and found the some of our Aphrodite friends waiting for us with a few water nymphs.

"It's such a nice day." I sighed as I climbed out of the lake to dry off.

"It's so hot though." Nelly complained laying down on her towel and pulling out some sun screen.

I didn't say anything. Actually I thought it was really nice. Having the sun on my back, warming me and drying my hair and skin. I sighed and relaxed, closing my eyes so I could enjoy the sun's heat on my face. Suddenly it got really hot and I opened my eyes to find the sun exploding right in my face. Screaming I jumped up and ran into the lake.

"What's wrong Kaire?" Nelly asked taking off her sunglasses to find me panicing with a miniature sun floating above my head.

"What's happening?" I asked freaking out  and resisting the urge to dunk my head in the water.

"You've been claimed!" A girl named Joanna said to me and started dragging me after her.

We reached the 'Big House' and she dragged me over to where Chiron was standing. Feeling self-concious becuase I was only in a bikini I waited for him to tell me what was going on.

"Oh hello Kaire... What have you got over your head?" Rex asked walking over to the little group.

"It seems Kaire has been clamied by her father, Apollo." Chiron said and I choked on the soda Joanna had handed me.

"Excuse me. Who did you say my father was?" I asked.

"Apollo. The god of Music, poetry, language, writing, art and the sun." He answered.

Great! I thought.

My dad was literally a Rock STAR!