Chapter 20

I resembled a joker, once the girls plastered my arms and stuck Band-Aids over my wounds, right from my forehead till my chin; I had absolutely no idea about how I ended up getting multiple scars with one fall. Well, I need to admit that it undeniably was one hard thud against the ground; the road would have split into two halves if I fell any harder.

My cracked iPhone vibrated in my hand when I hopped out of the Rickshaw, right in front of the company; it was a message from Vaish on the WhatsApp Group Chanch created in the morning, which she named 'Chamber of Secrets', but till that moment there was absolutely nothing 'secretive' other than the fact that Vaish suffered a terrible hangover after partying extremely hard the previous night.

Vaish- Okay, Chamber of Secrets? Are you serious? Couldn't you find a better name! Chanch, you're such a kid. Grow up, man.

'Good Morning, Vaish. Welcome to the group, I guess. How's the hangover?', I texted, as I walked towards the elevator.

Vaish- My head is splitting into two. I drank a little too hard last night.

Nash- I'm done with you, Vaish! How many times have I told you not to drink too hard? It's not healthy.

Vaish- But Ayaan insisted.

Nash- To hell with Ayaan!

Vaish- HEY!

Nash- You deserve much better than that douche bag. I cannot believe you're crushing on him. You need to up your game, Vaishi.

'Who's Ayaan?', I dropped a message, and stood in front of the elevator.

Nash- A douche bag. Someone who was picked up from the garbage and sadly, Vaish loves him.

Vaish- Shut up, Nash! Dityaa, do not listen to her. Ayaan is a sweetheart.

Nash- My foot is sweeter than him.

Vaish- I think Ayaan's into me. He was being extra friendly and nice last night; I think he likes me.

Nash- Why the fuck didn't I die before reading this message! I'm telling you Ayaan is not the guy you'd want to date, Vaish!

Chanch- GUYS, SHUT UP! I AM IN CLASS AND MY PHONE WON'T QUIT VIBRATING. STOP DISTRACTING ME.

'Chanch, silence your phone, kid', I messaged.

Nash- Turn off notifications, stupid.

Vaish- Even better, switch off the damn phone, you idiot!

Nash- She's just jealous she's missing all the fun.

Vaish- The truth has been spoken. Bravo, Nash!

Chanch- Oh please!

Nash- Looks like someone does not have a comeback. Poor kid!

Vaish- Dude, she NEVER has a comeback.

'Stop targeting the poor kid, guys. Okay, I need to go now. Bye!', I texted, when the elevator doors slid open.

Vaish- Bye!

Nash- I need to go, too. Chanch, are you happy now? All of us are going.

I smiled at my iPhone screen for a moment, before turning it off and stepped foot inside the elevator, as I shoved my iPhone deep into my handbag. Moments later, the elevator doors revealed the office on the third floor, which was half-filled with colleagues, and that meant just one thing – I was on time and there was absolutely no need for me to endure Mr. Joshua's taunts. But I was certain that he'd find some flaw or the other to point out in me, and if he failed to find anything, he would create one, himself, and taunt me. He was a man of that sort!