Chapter Nine

Why Hello There Friend. Lol, thank y'all for reading this far! It means so mucht thats you actually care about me :D or maybe you are just using me... Gasp! How dare you read my stories? Haha jk, check out my new book, Falling Nation, uber excited about that one ;) Kisses! ~Owlrepublic

Saturday night crept closer and closer until I couldn't put off getting ready any further. At this point, I'd be late. Nala has agreed to dress up like me and act like me all night and now I just need to make myself look different.

I Put my hair up in a hair piece that made my hair look completley different. I put the grey contacts in and did my eye makeup different. Everything about me was different. I didn't look the same. It made me feel weird, looking in the mirror and seeing someone I wasn't. It made me feel like almost a stranger to myself. I wanted to cry but I didn't want to mess up my makeup.

When my hair and face was done, I was ready to get into my dress when.... "Naomi Seirra Dahl you are not going to the ball! Come down here and clean up so that when we come back with our dad, he's impressed!" Nala glared at me as she passed the powder room.

"You owe me big time." I just sighed and shook my head. Nobody knows the troubles I've seen... Nobody knowwwwsssss. I heard chattering from down stairs and Nala imitate my voice. Did it really sound like that? That... weak and fragile? Soft? I growlen an un lady like growl and sliped my dress on. It looked as stunning as ever but... something wasn't right. Was it me looking at my self and thinking "This isn't me, who is that girl staring at me?"

Reluctantly, I slipped the masqurade mask on my face and looked in the mirror one last time. This isn't right. The mask had a butterfly wing shapt on one side and was regular on the other. It was the most amazing masqurade mask I've ever seen and I was suddenly jealous of the girl wearing the mask. It wasn't me wearing the mask, it was someone else. Someone who was still a stranger to me, someone I still didn't know.

I heard the car drive off and I knew it was safe you go downstairs.

Nala's POV (Omg, since when has this happened? SInce now!)

I glared at Naomi, oh yeah, she owes me. "YOu owe me big time." I walked dow the grand staircase to argue with my stepmother about going to the ball since "nala" can't go. I hate looking like my sister, hse's always been spoiled, we are the same age but she's a few minutes older than me. But technically she is the first born. "I need to go or else daddy will be extremley mad with you. Nala isn't feeling well, she is going to stay home." I spoke as softley as I could, attempting to not sound like myself.

"Fine. But you better not lay a hand on the prince!" I sighed, she knows that it's not going to happen but whatever. 

We arrieved at the ball a little late so daddy was already there. I spotted prince kevin dancing with a bored looking princess. He looked so... whats the word? Empty, broken, upset? Idiot sister. "Naomi! Where's Nala? She was supposed to be here."

"I'm sorry daddy. She felt rather sick and didn't want to have to struggle through this whole entire ball." I struggled to lie to father, especially calling him father. 

"Nala, I know it's you and I know your plan. Don't you ever lie to me again you hear me? I will keep your seceret because, and only because I want to defend my honor. Pull anything like this again..." father whispered harshly into my ear. It broke me to hear those words spoken so harshly from him. Naomi was screwed.

Naomi POV

I took a deep breath and stepped into the court yard, afraid to go in the front entrance. I wanted to make and entrance, like cinderella. I wanted my identity to be a mystery and nobody to know. Or did I want to hide? Run away and never come back? Look how far that got me.

I took a deep breath and took a step in. Two steps, three steps, ten steps. Once I got on the first sair step, everyone turned to see me. Most with their mouth hanging open, some wide eyed and in disbelief that what they saw could exist. My heart began to hammer inside my chest and I felt like running again. I was half way there, I'm not making a fool of myself again. I spot two people out of the crowd that somehow angerd me and calmed me at the same time. Avielle and Prince Kevin.

As my heel hit the floor, I was faced with reality, I'm already here. I'm glad my hair pieces were brown and I was wearing contacts, otherwise I would have felt more vulnerable.

After the intial shock of the crowd died down, Prince Kevin came over to ask me to dance. "I would love to." I tried to make my voice sound less airy and more.... solid? He took me by the hand and twirled me around. Suddenly, I was walking on air, I felt as if I was floating in clouds. We danced all night until midnight. I looked the the clock and I was consumed in fear. WHat if I was late to get home? "I apologize, I have to go, it's getting late."

"You can't! I,"

"No, really, I must go." I then ran. I don't know what made me run again. But it was like Deja Vu. It felt all too similar. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I've run from things all my life, I need to stop running. What did Cinderella do? I dropped my shoe on a step and ran faster.

"You forgot your shoe!" I didn't look back. I needed to get out of here.

I got home and changed into Pj's, took off my makeup and hid everything. I ended up falling asleep in Nala's bed, worn out, blisters on my little feet. Best night ever.

*** Awwwwhhhh!!!! What do you think? This is for Izzy Bella Bear! lol, I love you Izzy, I actuallly finished this chapter in three hours!!!! :D WHat do you think will happen? Hmmmmm..... comment. vote. fan. Kisses! ~Owlrepublic