Chapter One

Do you like??? Leave a comment below of what you think of it! Vote!

"She is not going in that competition! I don't care what the king says, my daughter will be put forth first before that rat does. Its not like she will be chosen, my daughter has a much better chance than she does."

"She is the oldest and will be the daughter to be put forth! I don't care whata you think but she is the most amazing girl I know." my step mother huffed and stormed out of the kitchen, throwing the ladel onto the ground.

"Daddy, I still don't thinkI can do this, you heard what she jsut said!"

"No I didn't. Now quit with all this 'I can't do this' stuff and take Nala out for dinner, here's a fifty and drop Kyra off at her friends house." I took the fifty and ran  upstairs. I knew what would go down here and I quickley changed into something nice but casual and headed out the door with Nala and Kyra.

"Naomi, why did we have to leave?"

I looked over to Kyra, "does dad like an angry mom? No. So.... he makes it up to her by..."

"EW!" I nodded my head as I grimaced and Nala plugged her ears. I didn't love to talk about stuff like that, but little kyra had to ask. Kyra wasn't even that little. She was 16 and understood alot.

Nala and I finally arrived at the resturaunt, Tomi japanese seafood buffet, we noticed one, rather fancy, expensive looking car parked in front. "Is the queen in town?" we laughed until three people came out of the car, the king, queen, and the prince himself. My heart began to beat like crazy and I didn't notice that Nala had already gotten out until she came and opened my door. "Do you need a prince to open the door for you? I'm sorry, he has already gone inside. Come on."

"Nala, I can't go in there. He is in there."

"Naomi, you have had plenty of dinners with the prince in the same room. You are obviously only nervous because you know you might marry him one day."

"Marry him? are you kidding me?"

"Shhh! Naomi, not so loud, now come on." we walked into the resturaunt, me shaking in fear. Why couldnt we just have gone to McDonalds then go shopping? "naomi, I think its fate that brought you two to in the same resturant for a reason."

"Don't bring up that fate crap onto me, the prince and I will not end up together!" the waitress sat us at a table right next to the booth that the royal family sat at. Fate. Yeah right. Immideatly, I went over to the food part and picked out some sushi to start myself out. As I turned around, my plate smashed into someone, spilling sushi all over my shirt.

"Oh my! Are you okay? Is your shirt okay? I should have looked out for where I was going, I'm so clumsy!" I looked up to see a pair of amazing green eyes and my heart instantly stopped. I felt safe instantly and time had stopped.

I was pulled out of the trance by him bending down to pick up the plate. I remembered what Nala had said to me 'maybe it was fate?' I sure hope not.

"Naomi, what happened over there with prince kevin?"

"Nothing. And it will stay nothing."

"Something obviously hapened over there. Tell me."

"He bumped into me and got sushi all over my shirt okay? That is it. Nothing else happened." I looked at Nala feircly and popped a sushi slice in my mouth. Nobody would ever know about this. I tell nobody.

"Okay, I know that there is more but I'm not going to bug you about it. Tell me when you want." I shook my head and began muching on my food. THe rest of the meal was awkward. I only heard the Royal families convorsation ans felt extremly unconfotable. They were talking about the competition coming up.

"Son, I know this isn't how you would like to find a girl but it is the simplest. I need you married to a beautiful woman soon. Just try to look like you want to be there?"

"Father, why can't I just find one on my own? I deserve to be treated normal. I want to be able to look into my wifes eyes and feel like there is nobody in the world but her and she is all that matters to me."

"So youre saying that you have felt it before."

"No! I haven't I said that I want to."

"But you would have not known what you want to feel if you havent felt it already. Its okay, there will be hundereds of girls, you might find your gilr."

"But what if the one isn't there?"

"Then we search every house hold. Every girl. Every city."

I felt so terrible for Prince Kevin, he had no choice but to pursue this. Like me. But he will get a girl in this process. I won't get anyone. I knew I wouldn't get anyone after what I felt for the prince. but he couldn't possibly feel the same way for me. I am nobody.

"Naomi, lets go," the king and the queen imidiatly perked up and told us to stop, "yes? Uhm- your majesty, what do you need?"

"Ah yes.... you are most definaetly Naomi Dahl.... will you be at the competition on sunday?"

"Well... yes. I am the oldest daughter of my father and I have to." King sebastian chuckled at me. Someone obviously didn't remeber his own rules.

"Well, I hope to see you there. You know, the prince could really use a strong, kind hearted princess to rule by his side. I think you would make an amazing princess and someday queen." an uncomfortable statement, I must admit. But to see the princes face when his father was saying that! He looked so unfomfortable but he looked as if he wanted it. I wanted to believe he felt that connection but I don't think he did.

"Thank you your highness." I did a slight bow to him and began to walk out until he stopped me again.

"No need to call me highness. I have a gift for you, I've been meaning to give it toyou but I never got around to it. Don't open it until sunday when you are getting ready. See you sunday."

"Thank you. I appreciate it." I walked out of the resturant, heart beating fast and head spinning. What was this?