Chapter Two

How do you like it so far? Should I continue? Do you think that Kevin felt that connection? I guess we will find out wont we?

*Kevins POV*

I wish I didn't have to have this competition, I wanted to find a girl naturally. But no, I had to do it the old fashioned way. My father was being so controlling.

When we finally got back to the castle, I went straight up to my room and buried my face into my pillow and yelled. "Kevin! Keep it down, your mother and I want quiet!" I flipped over on my bed as I felt a bit of wetness in the corner of my eye. I grabbed my phone and called Kandace, seeking advice.

"I'll be right up." Kandace arrived in my doorway in a matter of seconds, dressed in pajama pants and a hoodie. "Hey, whats worng?"

"My parents and this whole contest thing. I don't want to do this. I feel like all the girls only want to compete because I am royalty. I wish someone could meet me as equal."

"You do know it does both ways, right? I met a girl in the dress shop and she was saying that she didn't want to do this because she knows she would just get rejected even though I know she wont. I agree that this doesnt seem like the best way to find your girl, but I know that it will work and you and your girl will find eachother."

"I guess you may be right. I shouldn't worry as much. But I just can't help it with sunday being so close and well, I'm nervous, what if nobody sees me as who I am, but sees me as my title?"

"When you find that special someone, you will know. You will look into her eyes and feel that love for her and you wont want to ever let her go. You will know." I thought about what she just said and compared it to the feeling I got at the sushi resturaunt. Maybe the dukes daughter was the one? Maybe she was.

*Naomi's POV*

"Daddy! We are home!" I ran upstairs, to find my father with just pants on, makinging outwith my step mother. "And we are eaving again." I ran downstair again and grabbed 100 dollars from his wallet and ran out the door pushing Nala back out.

"Ew. They are making out."

"So what are we going to do?"

"We, my frend. Will shop."

We went to about every store you could think of. Candy shops, jewlrey shops, clthing shops. We entered a nice looking jewlery shop and I instantly fell in love with a white charm bracelet with various charms such as an owl, a fairy, a princess, a cupcake, a sun and a heart. It was absolutly gorgous and as I thought about it, I wanted to get it so much. So I pulled out the hundered dollars and bought it.

When we finally got home, the house was completly silent and I knew it was safe to continue inside. At the itchen table, I found my father sitting, eating mcdonalds. "Dad, I took 100 dollars because I didn't want to disturb you and Kelsey, heres the change, I want to show you what I bought."

"Keep the change, thank you for telling me and not interupting, now show me." I pulled out the charm box and opened it for him.

"Oh my gosh. Naomi, this is beatiful, good choice."

"Well, daddy, I'm going to go to bed now. Goodnight." I kissed the top of his head and took the bracelet upstairs to fall asleep.

*Kevins POV*

I woke up with tears in my eyes, I didn't want to get up today, I wanted to sleep for the whole time. But my father walked into the room and poured a bucket of cold water all over my bed. "Hey! What do you think youre doing?!?"

"Comeon kevin! Lighten up! I'll have the maid clean it up, get ready, we are going suit shopping." I groaned and got out of my soaking bed, hopping in the shower.