Chapter 1

Percy's POV

BEEB. BEEB. BEEB. BEEB.

Was the sound I woke up to this morning and every morning, the sound that let me know that I survived another day in hell. When I finally got up I went to my bathroom to see the damage my step-father, Gabe did to me yesterday... when I looked in the mirror I winced at the sight of my face, I had a black eye, a big purple bruise on my jaw, and had several cuts gushing out blood from the beer bottles that was thrown at me yesterday, and then I decided to take off my shirt to check the areas that Gabe whipped me, and found a lot of dry blood and glass in some of my fresh cuts. After an hour of patching myself up I looked at my alarm clock and realized it was already 7:30, and school started at 8:00, but since I was starting at a new school called Goode High School (in the middle of the year), I had to get there early so I could get my schedule and locker info. As I was leaving my room I looked around to see if Gabe was sleeping or even at home, and much to my demise he was. As I walked by a snoring Gabe on the couch I walked very carefully making sure I didn't make any noises that could wake him up and make my beating later today much worse than usual, when I finally got outside of my apartment I started walking to school, happy that I wouldn't have to be at home all day with Gabe.

When I got to school I made sure my hoodie was covering my face, the sleeves were covering some new cuts and old scars, and that I had some sunglasses to cover my black eye. When I covered everything properly I entered the school to find everyone staring at me, and I didn't like all the attention being given to me, so I tried my best to ignore all of the whispering and giggles being sent my way and headed to the office to get all the information I needed.

I was walking around my new school completely lost, trying to find the office when I suddenly someone bumped into me causing both of us to fall down. When I finally realized I fell and that this beautiful girl with long curly hair, and amazing grey eyes fell on top of me, I quickly got up and offered the grey eyed girl a hand to help her get up, and when I helped her up I couldn't help but stare at her, taking in how beautiful she was. But then I was suddenly taken out of thought by the beautiful grey eyed girl talking to me. "I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and..." but I cut her off by saying "No, no it's fine really, I wasn't paying much attention to where I was going either, so don't worry about it.". When I finished talking I realized her books were on the ground and then I got down to the ground to get them when the girl said, "Oh no I can get my books don't worry about it." but I already got them and handed her, her books back while saying "Im Percy. Percy Jackson.". "Annabeth Chase, your the new kid right?" "Yeah, is it that obvious?" I say smiling at her, and she smiles back asking,"Do you want me to show you where the office is?", "Yeah that would be great, thanks." I said as we headed to the office.