11: "Things happen for a reason."

Chapter 11 - "Things happen for a reason."

My whole body was in agony. All this pain for ten minutes of pleasure? It was still completely satisfying though...

"You alright?" Nathan murmured from beside me.

I rolled over to face him. How long had he been awake for, watching me? 

"I'm good." I smiled.

"You were wincing a bit," he said quietly, his eyes concerned. "Did I hurt you?"

"Not at the time." My fingers traced patterns on his chest. "Like I said yesterday, it's exciting to think that we can still experience new things together."

"I'd never get bored of you." He smirked, and I could tell he was reassured enough to revert to teasing again.

"That's not what I meant," I smirked back. "Although you're probably right. You'll always be able to find something to tease me about."

"It'd be impossible not to... You give me so much material to work with."

I rolled my eyes. "You're such a loser."

His grin widened and he pulled me closer, kissing my forehead before sighing wistfully.

"I don't know what I'd do without you," he murmured in my ear before pressing his lips to my jaw.

"Likewise," I whispered back. I snuggled closer, draping my arm over his body. "And at least now I know you're still attracted to me."

He leaned back to look at me and cocked a brow. "Excuse me?"

"Oh, come on. Last weekend? You were all over the show. One minute you were turning me down and the next you had me up against the wall."

"And my hard-on wasn't a big enough clue?"

Heat flushed my cheeks. "Do you have to be so crude?"

"You liked it last night."

But we both knew that his words last night had been tame compared to his actions. Actions could be slowed down or stopped. Words couldn't be taken back. 

"Speaking of last weekend," he said, his fingers trickling over my hips. "You know you were saying about how you want to be more romantic?"

"Mmhm."

"What you did for me yesterday afternoon, when you tidied my whole flat just to help me out? That was damn romantic."

I laughed slightly. "I was just trying to do you a favour, Nathan. I was trying to get you back on your feet."

"I appreciate it more than I probably let on," he said. "I was so shocked, plus my mind was still thinking about...other things."

Tension hung in the air between us again as we both inevitably began to think about the previous afternoon. This time, however, it wasn't an awkward tension. It was a comfortable tension, but one that was verging slightly on sexual. I really wanted to do it again. 

"I guess I'm not so innocent, huh?" I asked, smiling at Nathan coquettishly.

A playful smirk danced on his lips as his fingers delicately traced patterns on my skin. "Oh, Bella...there's still time yet."

My stomach fluttered, all those filthy thoughts from yesterday returning to my mind. The possibilities...things we could do...

"Although," Nathan said, his grin widening. "My mind just keeps replaying one of the things you said to me."