Chapter 25

My exams were bitches😒

Worst ending in cinema history @Gameofthrones. So disappointed.

Epilogue next chapter guys.

Lila

Its been three months since the fashion show. I was now heavily pregnant. By next month, I could find out the gender of my baby. I pulled back my hair and applied lipstick generously to my lips. Chris was taking me out tonight.

I rubbed my stomach, examining myself from different angles. The red dress I wore fit me like a glove. I slipped on my flats before grabbing my purse.

Downstairs, Chris was waiting for me. He was in the living room having a deep discussion with my brother. They stopped when I entered. Chris stood up to greet me. He pressed a kiss to my cheek before bending and kissing my stomach. I rubbed his head, his hair silky soft in my hands.

He drove to the restaurant, all the while one hand rested on my leg. "Wait," he told me when he parked. He came around my side and opened the door for me.

We were led to our table. A waiter came and poured water into our goblets. I took up the menu. I decided on the lobster. First, we were served a soup. The soup was good. I decided it was the best when I dipped the garlic bread in the soup. "Delicious," I muttered to myself. Chris smiled at my reaction.

When I finished the soup, my bladder made itself known. "I'll be back," I told Chris.

I sighed in relief when I used the bathroom. I was drying my hands when the door flew open. My eyes met with none other than Katerina. "Hi," she said nervously.

I finished drying my hands. "Hi," I replied. "I haven't seen you in a while." I rested a hand on my hip.

"Yeah, I know. Work was pretty hectic." She moved to the sink to wash her hands. It was quiet for a few moments.

Feeling the silence getting awkward, I cleared my throat. "Well Chris is waiting on me, I guess I'll go."

"Wait," Katerina cried. She sighed, "I came here with Marco." I raised an eyebrow. Seeing me wait for her to elaborate, she sighed again. "Could you just tell Jon to call me. Tell him I'm sorry."

I gripped the door handle a little tighter. "I don't want to get involved in situations like this."

She grabbed my hand. "Please. I – I love Marco and—"

"And Jon thinks he's in love with you." I finished for her." She nodded. She looked conflicted.

"How do you know he truly isn't in love with you?" I asked. I was curious to her thoughts.

She looked at me sadly. "You don't know what love is without getting your heart broken."

Now I wanted to hear more of her story. What had she experienced in life? Its interesting to see how small you are in life when you realize the world does not revolve only around you.

I let go of her hand. "I'll tell Jon to call you."

The closer I got to the dining hall, the louder the din of the hall got. I reclaimed my seat. "I ran into a friend in the restroom."

Chris's sharp eyes observed me carefully, I raised an eyebrow. "Did you know that Marco and Katerina were a thing?"

"Yes," he answered. Was that all? He saw my frustrated face and smirked. "You know, if you want answers, just ask?"

I pouted. "Fine. Do you know that my brother likes/loves her?"

He fingered the wine glass.

I didn't even notice they were filled.

"Yes. That's what we were discussing when you saw us." He took a sip.

"What were you two discussing?" I asked casually.

"Your brother came to me. If he wants to tell you what we discussed, then let him."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I guess you're right."

The waiter brought our food to us. "My mom is thinking of staying with us for a bit."

I perked up. "That's great. She can be present for the birth. My mother and her can share parenting tips with us!"

"Glad that you're okay with her visiting."

We arrived home three hours later. "Mom its twelve o'clock. Why on earth are you still up."

Giddily she grabbed my hand. "Look what I bought."

She pulled me up the stairs excitedly. In one of the guest bedrooms, there were loads upon loads of baby clothes.

"What on earth mom?" I was shocked.

"We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet, so I stayed away from gender specific clothes." She held up a yellow shirt. "Isn't this adorable."

I took the shirt from her. "I must say I like it."

She began chattering and holding up different articles for me to approve. "Slow down mom."

She burst into tears. Big, heart-wrenching sobs. I was immediately by her side. "What's wrong?" I asked.

My eyes snapped to the doorway as my father marched in. "You were here all this time?"

He held her in his arms and immediately she wrapped her hands around him. She began to sob uncontrollably. "Its okay Gwendolyn. I'm not going to die."

"What are you talking about?" I asked bewildered. My dad closed his eyes and sighed.

"I have cancer." He said finally.

"What?" I screeched.

"I was diagnosed last month. I told your mother today." He continued. Her outrageous shopping now made sense.

"I'm sorry," I murmured and hugged them both. We stayed that way for a few minutes.

I decided to leave them to have a moment. I left the room in shock, my father had cancer!