Chapter 24

Congratulations to Harry and Meghan on the birth of their son, Archie.

Met Gala was wild! 

Thanks to my precious readers for coming this far, I see your votes and comments. Thank you.

Anyways, new chapter.

Lila

I was excited. It was 5:30 pm and the show was due to start at six. Around the runway was crowded. I could tell tonight would be a good night.

I found Michala and Katerina backstage. Michala was putting the final touches to Katerina's gown. "The design is even prettier in real life," I commented. Michala beamed from the compliment.

"This will be the closing outfit so just stay backstage until it is your turn," I told Katerina. She rolled her eyes playfully. "You've told me this a thousand and one times."

I smiled. "I'm so excited. This will be my final show for a long time."

"Don't worry, everything will be great. You and Chris can take a well-deserved retreat and have a million babies." It was my turn to roll my eyes.

I was all over the place helping the designers and making sure everything ran smoothly. I could hear the shouts when the first model went down the runway. I went to the audience to have a better view. I was so proud of my designers.

After watching around seven models, fatigue took over my body. Unconsciously, I found myself walking backstage to sit down.

I was startled out of my daydreams when I bounced into a petite blond girl and her bag fell to the ground. "I'm sorry," we exclaimed at the same time.

I bent and picked up her bag while she stood gaping at me in shock. "You're Lila James!"

I laughed at her enthusiasm. She hugged me. "I didn't think that I would be lucky enough to see you!"

Her short blond hair fell in waves around her head. She was pretty enough to be a model. Quite pitiful that she wasn't tall enough. She was around my height.

"I heard you were pregnant! Congratulations!"

I frowned. How could she know? It wasn't public news yet. "Anyways, it was nice meeting you, but I really must get going."

She jumped to hold my hand, "Let me help you." I tried to pull my hand from hers, but she held even tighter.

She began to pull me towards a dressing room. "Hey let me go!" I protested as she dragged me along.

She pushed me into the room and locked the door behind her. "How lucky of me, I really didn't expect to meet you."

She began pacing. "I thought that maybe I could find you and pretend to be a fan," she smiled in my direction. "Who knew that you'd bump right into me."

"Its your fault!" she screeched. "I sent you the picture. You were supposed to leave him and then I'd swoop in and comfort him."

I was confused. "What are you talking about?"

"The picture of Chris. How stupid can you be?" She clutched her hair. "I paid that girl to kiss him and snapped a photo. My plan was solid."

While she was busy talking, I inched towards a feather boa hanging off a chair. I didn't know if she was talking to me or herself.

I processed this new information. She was intentionally trying to ruin my marriage. Was this the girl Chris told me about?

Once I had the boa in my hands, I launched myself at her. My parents were not stupid and had me and my brother enrolled in defence class. It was that or have a personal bodyguard.

After a brief struggle, I had her hands tied up behind her back. "Let me go you bitch. Chris is mine." She burst into tears.

I took the liberty and tied her feet as well. I had to gag her when she started screaming. I locked the door before leaving and pocketed the key I found on the dresser.

I sighed in relief when I went backstage and saw Michala. "Katerina's about to walk," She yelled in excitement.

The models went for their final walk before I walked onto the runway, mike in hand.

I locked eyes with my husband as he entered. Always late. "Good evening New York City."

The crowd screamed their pleasantries. "Thank you for coming out to support the show tonight. You got the opportunity to see these excellent designs. I want you to know that I love you guys for the continued support. Sadly, I will be out of the public eye for a hot minute" I touched my tummy. "My husband and I are expecting a baby!"

The cheers that followed was deafening. "That's right. You heard it from me tonight. Now, you are all welcomed to the after party."

Half an hour passed before the crowd finally left. I stood telling them good evening and shaking hands with them at the door. A lot of congratulations and well wishes floated around. Chris stood close to me; he was my strength.

I hugged him when the last person left. "Finally," I groaned into his chest. He patted my head. "We have a situation in the dressing room but let's call the police first. I didn't want to with so many persons around."

I explained to him what happened. He was immediately filled with worry. "Are you okay?" I nodded

When the police arrived, I led them to the dressing room. The woman's eyes widened when she saw Chris and the police.

The officers were quick to arrest her. They took my statement before bringing the woman to the station.

"That was an unforgettable night!" I exclaimed as I sat in Chris' car. Iwas so tired, I didn't know when I fell asleep.