Chapter 45

Finally! The day we've all been waiting for. The D-day. Prom! I am just so excited. Yesterday I didn't really sleep early, Jason called me and we spoke through out the night, wanting to know how my life was in Australia. Come to think of it, I need to call Raven and Wren. What a friend I am, it's been so long. I pick my phone from my dresser and I gasp. 12 PM. I've slept for this long.

I scroll through my contacts and put them on face time.

"Hey guys" I greet cheerfully, even though I know how pissed they are.

"Hey guys" they mimick. My doom just started.

"Okay I'm sorry I haven't called you. I've just been so busy and trying to take in everything that has changed here. I'm sorry"

"Busy with lover boy? We can tell" Wren says and Raven knows

"How do you know?" I ask, surprised, even though they knew what happened between Jason and I, I had no idea they knew we were back together.

"Social media duh" They say it like it's so obvious. Then again, it is.

"So how has life been there?" Raven asks and that's how the conversation rolls.

After talking for two hours with the girls, I decided to have a shower and go for a girls' time with Natalie. We need to do some bonding. It was our thing, but after I left it ceased to be. I had to leave, I know I had to, but I'll forever feel guilty for leaving her, even though there was not much that could be done about the situation then. So here I am, at Wal-Mart, having shopping with my little sister. She can talk now and it's still surprising how she's grown so fast.

"Dakita I cwandy" she says when we pass by a section of sweets. I love candy myself. I pick as much as I can, handing a packet to her and keeping the rest in the car. I pick from gummy bars to Skittles to jellies to snicker bars and a whole lot. Once we are done shopping I pay and then we are off to the ice cream store.

"What flavor to you want Helena?" I ask her, she loves it when I call her that. And only I call her that. No one else does.

"Vanla" she says and I don't bother correcting her because she's just too adorable. Besides, the moment she hears me say Vanilla she'll correct herself, the smartass.

Half way through our ice cream my phone dings with a notification.

Jay bird: I'll pick you up at nine. Xx

Me: Cool. See you soon

I smile to myself and tuck my phone away.

"Are rou tawking to pwince chwawming?" Helena asks and I turn to her so fast I'm surprised I don't get a whiplash

"Where did you hear that?" I ask, slightly amused and mostly shocked

"FaFa" she says, a sheepish smile on her face as she licks the ice cream that has dripped on her hand which is balled into a fist.

Faye will surely get it from me.

Soon it's 8 PM and Faye and I only have an hour to get ready. I take a shower and put on the red lace lingerie I bought. I don't know why I put it on, but I just do so. I release my now lavender hair, and curl it beautifully. The result, I'm really proud of.

I do my makeup, nothing too heavy. Simple and cute, just the way I like it. I pull the robe that I was wearing off body and walk into my closet. Revealing the beautiful black dress that I decided to wear. It is my favourite colour afterall.

I stand in front of my full body mirror and admire myself. The dress clings to my onto my body like a second skin. I've never loved my colour on me this much. I pull my diamond strap suede open-toe stiletto sandals.

I add a little bit of colour to my nails and they look perfect.

I spray on some perfume and pick my clutch. Just as I open my bedroom door Faye does same and we both whistle.

"Girl you look hot" I say to Faye. Her dress is blackish silver colour. It's a halter neck pencil designed dress that clings to her hips and has a slit from half way thigh.

Her blonde hair just made it more exquisite. I never saw how beautiful she was due to her behaviour but looking at her, she's an enchantress.

"You look hotter" she says and we make it down the stairs.

"You don't know how happy it makes me seeing you both getting along so well" my dad says while Amber sits on the couch in the living room, watching t.v. and not even bothering to acknowledge our presence. Looks like she wants to be anywhere but here.

Dad takes a few pictures and just when he is done, the doorbell rings, and Jason emerges with Hunt, some guy Faye hooked up with, but now it seem more than just a one night stand.

"Wow... You... look... drop dead gorgeous babe. Fuck!" Jason compliments after greeting my dad and I smile

"You clean up well captain"

He's wearing a black suit and a lavender tie. Wait. Lavender tie?

"How did you know I as dying my hair?" I ask and look at Faye who's gracefully talking to Hunt.

"Don't look at her, I spoke to you on face time remember?"

"But I had on a hair cap"

"A little happen to poke" he winks and I peck him on the lips for noticing the little things.

"Always been a keen observer"

"Only for you babe"

Once we reach the school everything looks so different. Like it won't be a school by tomorrow. Our hard work paid off. I spot Monique and the others we go over to them. They kinda gave Faye a hard time on first but after realising she has actually changed, they became cool.

"Hey guys"

"You look beautiful. All of you" Tessa says

"Back at you" I smile

This is going to be a wonderful night.

That. I. Know.