Chapter 5

Yesterday's party was lit

It was bliss

I am surprised it was successful even on a school day

Jason sure knows how to throw the best parties

I'll give him that

I hear people chatter amongst themselves as Lara and I make our way to our lockers.

"What class do you begin the day with?" Lara asks

"Calculus" I reply

"Same" she squeals. I thought she was moping just a second ago. Girls!

Apparently, Kenzie doesn't like to sit alone in class without me. She says and I quote, "I don't get to giggle with anyone and poke my pencils at anyone, it's so boring". I simply rolled my eyes at her.

"Hey look behind you" she says.

I turn my head to see Jason. Again. Staring. At. Me.

What's his problem? There's something called communication.

Jeez...

"He's staring at you"

"So I've noticed"

"You should go and speak to him"

I give her my best, 'are you kidding me?' look.

"You've got to be kidding me" I scoff. If he's more comfortable staring than talking, that's not my problem.

"I am serious. Since he's kind of timid to make a conversation, why don't you go ahead and start one?"

Jason? Timid? I believe you. I inwardly roll my eyes at her statement, thinking back to how comfortable he was talking to me yesterday at his party. Maybe it's because I was in his territory.

"Remind me to get you an encyclopedia on how to 'Get To Know Dakota McCan Better', because girl, you're living in oblivion when it comes to that department" I say to her and storm off to class, her following suite.

Is it just me or am I the only one who has a best friend that doesn't know her well enough? Mackenzie Lara Brookes is just persistent and uggghh.

I make my way to the front seat where I've sat from freshman year up till this day. There's something about sitting at the front that gives me better concentration than anywhere else.

Lara plops in beside me and I know she's not backing down on me making a conversation with Jason anytime soon, but I could really careless about that.

"Hello Class" Mrs. Hardwick, our calculus teacher greets when she walks into the class. Most of the students find her surname amusing but I think it's cute.

"I am going to give out your papers from the last test" she says and she gets out a stack of papers from a pink file.

We've barely had a week of reopening and we have began with the constant tests. If there's one thing Weinstein High School doesn't back down from, is bombarding their students with tests. We wrote this somewhere Tuesday and I think it was a good idea. These tests keep me on my toes, forces me to study even when I'd rather just sleep.

She starts sharing the papers around and gives me a small smile when she hands me my paper. I smile back and take my paper from her, already knowing what I got. I look down at it and it's the same I get in every class during every test and examination.

An A!

"The highest mark as always was an A! And as usual, coming from one person" she says with a proud voice, although there's a bit of disappointment, wishing the A's were a bit more than the usual.

"I wonder if she's the only one I teach sometimes, but this time, the mark following was impressive. A B+, from Jason Roberts"

So now he wants to become a competition. I have to make sure to learn harder! I turn around and look at him, and he winks. I roll my eyes and turn back around. The mark that always follows after me is a C., and that's from Kenzie, yeah, she's pretty smart.

"Now today we're going to do something interesting. " she says, clasping her hands. "I'm going to give you guys a project, so I'm going to pair you up" she continues

"Let's hope she pairs us together" Kenzie giggles

"Yeah"

"So let's start with Harper and Josh, Tiffany and Nicole, Cynthia and Eben, Dakota and Jason-" She says and I groan out loud, raising my hand to cut her off.

"Yes Dakota?"

"Isn't there anyone else I can pair up with like my bestfriend here?" I ask, pointing at Kenzie, hoping that will eliminate Jason

"No I'm sorry but you'll take what I give you"

I groan again and turn to look at Jason from the far end at the back- Staring!

I roll my eyes at him and turn around. Ouch, my head hurts so from doing that so many times, but I can't help it.

Ms. Hardwick finishes with the pairing and dismisses us.

I head to my locker with Lara and place in my stuff before heading to the girls' locker room.

I grab my P.E. outfit and change for the most enjoyable subject ever. I don't know why some girls hate the subject so much. I see it as an oppurtunity to get some work out done since I barely go to the gym and I eat a lot. Yes, I love my food.

***

After my fourth period I grab Kenzie to the cafeteria because of how hungry I am.

Hey don't blame me. P.E. class drained me. I think that's the only disadvantage.

I take fries and chicken with a slice of pizza and add the Kruchitoz milkshake I kept away last night.

Dad mixes Oreos, and chocolate and milk and sugar and some other stuff and just blends it together. It's really good.

"So are you gonna talk to him?" Kenzie asks again, wiggling her eyebrows

"Can you stop with this? I'm talking to no one" I roll my eyes again for the umpteeth time today.

Authors Note:
Hey guys it's me again
I just want to apologize for how sloppy this chapter is .
I'm truly sorry, it didn't really go as planned, but I promise the next one is going to be better and longer.
I also want to clear up something.
Dakota's bestfriend is called Mackenzie Lara Brookes.
So sometimes she's gonna be referred to as Kenzie or Lara so Lay or Mackenzie in the story.
It's all part of her being DIFFERENT
I hope you understand
Please bear with me.
School is loaded so I'm gonna try to update but I can't promise anything.
Please read,vote and comment.
I really want you to comment and tell what you like and dont.
How you see my characters and all...
Is gonna encourage me to write.
Thanks to y'all once again.

- xoxo
Samrielhot8 💋💋