Chapter 39

6 months later

"I said we're going shopping"

"Look Raven you can't force us to go shoppping. We're going swimming. I know Dakota loves to swim. She's unbeatable afterall and that speaks loads"

And that's how it has always been ever since. I met two friends not long after I enrolled at my mom's school. East Bridge High School.

They were nice, Raven and Wren. They are still nice, but this is the part where I always long to cut off from their character traits. The arguments. I wonder how they are friends, they can never agree on one thing, always bickering back and forth. And guess who has to listen, me.

"Okay guys that's enough!" I yell at them, more than frustrated.

"We're not doing any of the two. We're watching a movie. We're watching Emperor's New Groove. And if you don't want to watch it, you shut up and sulk. Mhm?"

"Whatever" they mumble together. Twins!

Just so you know they're not twins. Dakota sucks at description.

Talk of a subby support.

"Dakota! We have a problem" my mom says barging into my room

"And that is?"

"Natalie is in the hospital. She needs blood. And you're the only one they know with the same blood group. O-.

If you don't show up in LA right now, it's going to be very very fatal"

What the fuck?

"Who told you this?"

"Your dad. And honey this isn't the time to ask questions. Pack and be down in five. You're leaving right now" she says and turns around

"When will you be coming back?" Raven asks, I can see she wants to cry. But this is not the time for this.

"I don't know, but I'll call you guys" I say and pull them into a swift hug.

They leave as soon as I'm done packing. I shower since I don't know when I'll be doing that again cause I'm going straight to the hospital as soon as I arrive. I finish showering and choose an outfit to wear.

As I sit in the plane after bidding mom goodbye, I'm only scared of one thing going back.

To see him again

"Where is she?" I ask once I get to the hospital.

"So you came?" Caterina asks

"Yes. And don't try to pick a fight with me. I don't have your time"

"Are you Ms. Dakota McCann?" A female nurse asks

"Yes"

"Please come with me"

"I have to go back" I tell my dad

"But you can't. The doctor said they may need more blood."

So what? I'm a blood pump now?

I shift the thought away. I'm doing all this for Natalie. I'm here for Natalie.

"Well I guess that's a shame. Because I'm close to finals and I have an exam on Monday and I have to take the papers"

"Well then you'll have to do that in Weistein High I guess. Because she needs you and if you go something might happen"

"I even forgot to ask. What happened?"

"Well your mom-

"Caterina" I correct, cutting him off

"I'm sorry. I'm just used to referring to her as that whenever I'm talking to you"

"You'll have to call her Caterina to me from now on"

"Well Caterina went with her to shopping and she lost her attention and she slipped on a wet floor and well she hit her head and lost a lot of blood."

"Of course. She can't even be a better mother" I scoff

"You don't get to say things like that Dakota"

"No dad, you rather don't get to tell me what to say and what not to. She's not good at being a mother. She just gives birth because she's got the privilege, but she's not a mother figure and you know it" I bellow

"And if you've forgotten then let me remind you, I came for Natalie and Natalie alone. If it were to be just the both of you, I'd never leave my mother. Tell Caterina I'm going to the house where she sacked me from. And that's where I'll be staying until I leave LA. Make sure she doesn't go crazy" I say and walk out of the hospital.

I guess I'll have to see Natalie tomorrow.

Once I get to the house, I shrug my jacket off and make it up to the stairs. I open the door of the room I used to sleep in and see it has been occupied. I knew this would happen. The second I stepped out of this house Faye would step a foot in. Because my dad can't keep his daughter's memories.

"What the fuck? Who the fuck are you?" Faye shrieks as she closes the bathroom door

I turn around, "Miss me? Forget that. Of course you didn't. The feeling is mutual. I can see you've made yourself comfortable in here" I narrow my eyes at her

"And I can see you finally decided to come back. You couldn't stay away too long is it?"

"And that's where you're wrong, I could've stayed away for as long as I wanted, even forever. But fate and destiny always has a way of giving me back whatever is mine. This should make it clear to you that you're nothing here. And if you keep chasing things that others have used, that's what you'll always be; nothing"

"Is that so? So will I still be nothing if I was Jason's girlfriend?" She asks and the world around me stops

That can't happen. Jason might hate me, might not even want to see me. But he can't move on from me that fast. He can't for get us that fast.

Right?

If you were able to forget everything by making up your mind in a minute, then I think he can do it in six months. What do you say?

"What cat caught you tongue?" She laughs

"Welcome back Dakota. Enjoy your stay, cause it won't last long"

"Now please excuse me, I need to sleep. The guest room is waiting on you" she says and I glare at her one more time before I leave the room

I just pray what she's saying it's not true.

Jason can't do this!