Chapter 41

After my paper I'm walking to the cafeteria when someone pulls me into the janitor's closet. I'm about to scream when a hand covers my mouth. I don't bite because I know who it is immediately from the tingles I get from the touch and from the scent that overwhelms my senses. This isn't how I wanted to meet him after coming back, but I guess he has other plans.

"I can see you're back" he says, retrieving his hand.

"And I can see you've moved on" I snap, remembering how I saw him and Faye this morning. The image wanting me to gag.

Oh someone is jealous.

My subconscious taunts.

Whatever!

"That was a misunderstanding. She's obssessed with me and I don't know what to do. And then she kisses me this morning, I don't know why she was so impulsive though. She's never tried that before. It wasn't what you-

"Why are you explaining yourself to me?" I ask, cutting him off. Does he really need to explain himself to me? Do I really deserve an explanation from him?

"I don't know" he sincerely says

"I don't think explaining yourself is necessary"

"I don't care. I want to speak with you"

"We are speaking now"

"Let's meet at the Valley park after school"

"That's okay with me" I smile towards him, turning to leave before he stops me.

"You look good today"

"Thank you" I reply and leave.

"Dakotaaaa!!" Monique squeals, pulling me into a bone crushing hug when I enter

"Babe you didn't tell us you were back. And damn you look good" she says, holding me at arms length.

"She's right. You look hot!" Avery winks and Monique smacks him

"Wait. You two are a couple now?" I ask and she nods eagerly

"I'm so happy for you both. It's about time"

"Dakota" a bitter voice calls out my name and I know it's golden girl

"You know when you went I was like, "Good riddance to bad rubbish", and then you come back"

"Well sorry but I'm back and you're stuck with me for a while. Bad rubbish huh? Guess Karma brought back this bad rubbish. You know what I always say, Karma is a bitch, just like me" I wink at her and she rolls her eyes, stomping off.

"Hey" Izzy greets, kissing me on the cheek "You're back"

"I guess I am" I reply, noticing the girl on his arm

"This is Tessa, my girlfriend" he says and I say "Hi" to her, before we all fall into conversation.

I like how everything is so normal yet so different.

"You know this is where I came to read the letter you left behind. I found it odd that you'd come to my house and not speak to my mother, just leave the letter, so I came to your house, and your dad confirmed it that you actually left. So with the letter in my hand I came here, and read it. I only want to know why you left. Couldn't you speak to me? We could've sorted it out" Jason says

"I guess then I thought the decision was right and I know it is now. I lived my whole life here Jay, and one moment I wake up and realise everything was a lie. I couldn't live in a place where I felt suffocated. And how would I be with you when I couldn't be with myself? I needed to sort things out, see life from a different perspective than what I've always seen it to be. I know I hurt you and I'm sorry I did. You must hate me and I understand. But I'm sorry and I hope you forgive me"

"If I hated you I wouldn't be here. I understand what you went through, and if that's what you needed to do to feel better I get it. What hurts me is the fact that I'm your bestfriend first before I'm your boyfriend. I always told you that. So when you weren't able to talk to me I got hurt. But I do understand."

"Boyfriend huh?" I tease, my grin widening

"Did you break up with me?" He asks

"Nope. I don't remember anything like that happening"

"Well then I guess I'm all yours girlfriend"

"All mine boyfriend"

All mine