Chapter Fifty

I found myself stopping on a busy street, somewhere around the central plaza of my town. Cars were nowhere to be seen, but many people were present on the sidewalks and in stores. Some recognized me as the daughter of Cheryl Faun, but they were too afraid to approach me as I stood on the middle of the road, tears pouring down my face. My hair had fallen out of the braid it was held in, and the brown strands were strewn across my face. I must've appeared crazy to the patrons, but it didn't matter to me.

I didn't... kill her.

I didn't.

"Did you come running for me, Meredith?" A voice asked loudly on the opposite end of the road, only a few yards away as it interrupted my thoughts.

No...

Not him.

My eyes widened suddenly, and I looked up slowly to see who the voice belonged to. William Kei stood there, his arms bloody and his left hand gripping the Blood Assassin knife. A tiny capsule was still attached to the bottom of the handle, purple with flecks of gold in it. The blood.. Mom's attributes..! My jaw clenched tightly as panic ensued, and I took a small step away from him. People were staring now, not recognizing the criminal nor the weapon he held in his grasp. However, parents began rushing their children away from the area as they spotted his bloody arms.

"You..." I whispered inaudibly, my legs shaking beneath me.

William Kei let out a cackle, holding his stomach from the rumbling laughter. His arms opened up, and he gave me a sinister grin with his pupils dilated to nothing. "Meredith! You, of all your family, were the person I expected to kill me instantly!" My heart started pounding suddenly as images of Mom's dead body flashed in my head. I let out a harsh wheeze, panicking even more as he spoke to me. "You're pathetic. You and your family." He lifted the blade, licking off the blood in a gentle manner. He's a maniac... A smile lifted on his face, as if he waited for this moment. "Any last words before you die to your own dynasty's weapon?"

He has all intention to kill me with pleasure.

What do I do..?

I have to get the Blood Assassin knife back. That's our legacy..!

My eyes squeezed shut, and I gasped for air, hyperventilating.

There are too many people around to do a wide range attack, so I have to rule out the Music attribute and the Dream Factory attribute for now. He can dilate the weapons from my Summoning, and Deceiver can't be the best choice in this situation.

I took a step forward, and William Kei noticed, his eyes blank and unamused by my silence. Immediately, my body glowed green, and I appeared in front of him just a few feet away, my arm outstretched to grab the knife. It's right there. It's.. right there! I suddenly crashed into an invisible wall, and the breath got knocked out of me as I was pushed back. His Mime attribute..? Crashing into the road, my arms scraped and opened up wounds, which I quickly tried to reverse using my Time attribute. It worked for just a second, and I sat up on the ground, breathing heavily.

Dammit..!

William Kei stared down at me, his expression blank. I bit my lip, shutting my eyes, and screamed out at him, "You're a fucking coward! Fight me like the criminal shit you are, you piece of Satan!"

"Oh..?"

William Kei's arm glowed a murderously red color. My eyes widened when I suddenly couldn't breathe, and I wheezed on the ground, coughing up blood. The red splattered on the ground in miscellaneous shapes, and I gasped, inhaling as much as I could. What's happening..? I can't.. breathe! It ended as soon as it started, and I clutched my throat, tears watering in my eyes when I felt relieved to be able to breathe again.

"You'd better watch what you say," William Kei taunted in a quiet voice. I looked up at him with my eyes glowing as I breathed evenly, letting myself catch my breath. His yellow eyes were in slits now as he smiled sharply at me. "I dilated your lungs to a third of their usual size for just a second, so you couldn't breathe properly within that time. I could easily make your heart explode right now, but where's the fun in that, hmm?"

I tried to bite my tongue to keep from retorting, but I couldn't help myself. "Haven't you had enough satisfaction with toying our lives?!" He raised an eyebrow at my exclamation, and I wiped away my tears harshly, resting my hands on the concrete. "You took away Lukas, you shot Ryan, and now you killed my mother! Before all this too, you tried to kill my parents for your own success! Isn't that enough for you?! I can't even imagine how any of this is funny or amusing!"

William Kei smiled sadistically, crouching to meet my eye level. I shrunk back a little, refusing to let him see me in pain. "Let me ask you a question back, Meredith, and it might answer your question for you." He threw the Blood Assassin knife up in the air, catching it and examining the red splotches of blood on it as he asked, "Did you ever feel something for so long that you never wish for it to be any different?"

I didn't respond, clenching my jaw.

"I murdered my wife after she didn't agree with my idea of a new world, and it was ecstatic," he said casually, his eyes glowing in delight. My hands clenched into fists at his words, and a shudder ran down my spine. "The first kill in a while left me wanting more than that. I wanted more to kill. Her screams were blissful to here, and best of all, after she was silenced, there was no restraint when it came to seeking pleasure from her."

Rape.

"You mean you raped her dead corpse for the sake of pleasure..?" I spat under my breath, disgusted. He's not a criminal mastermind anymore.

He's a rapist.

He's a murderer.

He's fucking mental.

William Kei let out a laugh, covering his eye as he exclaimed, "Use as many uninteresting terms as you want to satisfy what you want to hear!" He stood up on his feet, spinning the Blood Assassin knife in his hand as he stepped forward in a taunting manner. His eyes were glowing in a bright and hostile tone. "What will you do now, Meredith?" I glared up at him, crawling away from him as he smiled. "Face it. Born the most powerful person in the world, you're nothing but a cursed child."

"Shut up..." I muttered. "You don't get to decide what the hell I am."

William Kei pointed the Blood Assassin knife at me, making me shudder again, with a predatory grin washing over his face. "Let's have some fun now, hmm~..?"

A/N

Hi guys!

I'm almost out of school (one more week), so I'll probably be able to finish this book way faster since it's near the end!

Anyway, I have something to discuss, just in case you missed it.

Just a few paragraphs ago, we discover that William Kei killed and raped his wife when she opposed his idea of a new world.

It's kind of a parallel back to Cheryl's death, where she was killed and half naked.

Meeeaannniinnnggg...

William Kei tried to have his share of fun after stabbing her, only to decide not to.

;-;

Kay bye, love you!!