Chapter 15- Hacked

Mia's death had come as a shock to me. The police had suspected a bomb explosion and some bodies had been uncovered; however, they hadn't been identified yet. The bomb squad were still searching the theatre as they hadn't found the bomb yet and it was all sealed off.

"What was Mia talking about? Gerald who?" Celia questioned.

I'd told her all about Mia and Damon and everything we'd done apart from the bit we ran away from a group called the Patriots and how exactly I met them.

"He's this CIA agent we think his child led to the death of Bill the bartender, from the news." I explained.

"Why would you think that it was his kid?" She quizzed.

"We don't think it we know it. His wife told us," I explained. "Celia, I really think you should go back home. It's not safe for you to here."

"Oh and you think I'll be fine at home? What if these people find me again? I'll be locked up again and what if they kill me?" She shook her head. "I'm staying right here. Until we find out what's going on."

"Look this is my battle now and I need to fight it myself. You and Damon should probably just leave and carry on living your lives. You've done enough for me already you've sacrificed enough. No more now please I can't afford to carry any more guilt on my shoulders." I explained.

"Well for starters I ain't leaving," Damon snorted. "Not now that Mia's gone, we've gotten this far into it that I can't help but keep searching and Celia's right it's not safe for her to go back either so I'm gonna book her a room at a hotel just down the road, I've checked the security and it's pretty tight plus it's not too far from here so we can keep an eye on you."

"Why can't I stay here, with you guys?" Celia asked sounding a little offended.

"I'd love for you to stay here CeCe," I embraced, "but it's not safe. They know where we live and the last thing I want is for anything to happen to you."

"Fine," she moaned. "But... promise to keep me updated on anything you find?" 

"Promise," I nodded.

Damon sorted out Celia's accommodation and dropped her off at the hotel he had suggested. If only Mia was still alive, all of this could've been put to an end, we would've found Bill's killer. When Damon returned he started walking from one end of the room to the other, restless.

"Damon, you're driving me mad, stop walking," I expressed.

"I can't I'm just so pissed," he exclaimed. "We were so close to finding out who it was I mean it literally felt as if whoever this person was, was right there and they knew we'd work out it was them so they decided to blow the place up."

"You're right," I sighed, annoyed. "You don't even understand how glad I was when Mia had said Chris had sent her the name I thought we'd cracked it and now look where we're at. Back to square one. Where we always were."

"Wait Mia emailed Chris using her laptop," Damon started. "Meaning his email is still on there all we have to do is explain the situation to him and tell him Mia's dead and wait for him to send us the name."

"Let's hope he's still alive too," I added helplessly.

Damon opened up Mia's laptop to try to find Chris' email, his face scrunched up as he threw the laptop onto the table and jumped on to the sofa.