Chapter 5- MURDERER

Wiping away the residues of a web of drool from my mouth, I sat up on the bed restlessly pulling my hair into a messy bun. There were no windows in the room, not even a clock so I didn't really know what time it was. Grabbing my phone I slipped out of the room. It was much lighter in the hallway due to the windows lining either end. There was a clock hanging on the wall opposite me, it read 10 a.m. 

Not remembering which direction the toilets were I headed to the left of the corridor. There was an oak door which caught my eye. It was slightly open and bordered with brown cabinets, I walked in closing the door a little behind me. 

A strong whiff of white paint hit me as I entered making my nose sting. The room looked as if it was a cabinet stockroom, the cabinets: all ancient looking and probably expensive stood in a line against the freshly painted white walls. There was a bookshelf to my right seizing my attention, for some reason the books seemed to be ordered in an extremely neat composition in comparison to how old they looked, I mean the bookshelves were excreting layers of dust, so much that it had created its very own pile on the cream carpeted floor.

Curiously I walked over to the bookshelf, the books were not only in alphabetical order in regards to their title they were in alphabetical order in accordance to the authors name and colour. Wow, precise much. I pulled out a green book: The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman by Laurence Sterne. All of a sudden one of the cabinets on the left side of the rooms creaked open.

Startled my eyes were racing between the open cabinet and the book in my hand. That couldn't have possibly opened because of the book could it? I pulled out another book, this time a blue one, another cabinet opened. Then another and another until all the cabinets were now open. Astounded I stood back examining the treasures the cabinets were beholding. There was a cabinet filled with guns, which made a cold shiver run down my spine, never had I ever been this close to a real weapon ever before. Quickly staring away my eyes rested on another cabinet which was filled with pens. Walking over I picked up a pen holding it in my hand waiting for it to do something like, well, jump? When I was abruptly disturbed by a male voice from behind me making me jump in horror.

"Hey."

Slowly turning around I came to face a tall, dark figure.

"Hi," I said trying not to look suspicious.

"Ohhh erm you're that girl. Sorry what's your name again?" He asked whilst staring at the pen in my hand.

"Kayla. Kayla Ford." I replied standing up straight. "I was just looking for the toilets."

"Off course," he said with a laugh. "Well, you've done a good job of finding it too." He said looking at the mess I'd created of the bookshelves.

"I'm sorry I didn't-" I started but he cut me off.

"Hey don't stress about it, it's nothing. It's all new to you anyway. I'm Travis." He stretched his hand out for me to shake.

"I'd be careful with that if I was you," he nodded at the silver Parker pen in my hand. He walked over to me and took it from my hand.

"Look, you click it once, looks like a normal pen right but here put your ear next to the nib."

I placed my ear next to the nib whilst he got another pen and walked to the door.

"I'm just gonna step outside you keep your ear placed next to the nib." With that he took out of the room.

I kept my ears close to the nib waiting for something to happen and there it was "Hi Kayla, howdie." Travis' voice sounded.