Chapter 14- Big BANG

Choking on my own spit I woke up drowning in my sweat. Another nightmare. This time it was worse, I was covered in Bill's blood and was being strangled by Gerald. Then my parents, Bill and Alex face's had all emerged from the shadows screaming guilty at me. My head wa pounding. I had to get to the bottom of who was doing all of this, to bring all those who died to justice. The only thing was it'd be easier to do so if I knew exactly why they'd been killed in the first place, I felt as if i was just running round and round in loop holes. Maybe that's how the criminals wanted me to feel, that I was running round in loop holes. Yesterday was something I mean we'd found out that Gerald's child was behind Bill's murder and Mia had said she'd run checks on who it was she'd probably found something by now. Maybe Gerald's child also knew who killed my parents. Or maybe it was Gerald's child who killed my parents.

Shaken, I got out of bed and got ready to meet Mia in the living room to see whether she'd found anything. I got dressed into the same jeans and hoodie I had worn when I was at the Patriots. We still hadn't sussed out what their connection was to all of this but they were definitely involved along with the CIA I was sure of it why else would someone post a flash drive with Charles on it.

Mia and Damon were both crouched around the computer in the living room munching away at their toast.

"I've left yours on the worktop," Mia smiled at me.

I joined them after grabbing my toast from the kitchen. They had the news on to see whether there had been any updates on the case. There hadn't. Alex was also still at hospital.

"Damon what on earth were you playing at yesterday?" I finally asked. "I swear that woman was the same age as your mom. And let's just say for arguments sake you did want to do that anyway you should've at least given us a warning."

"Jeez, you should be thanking me. We now know who killed Bill," he smirked. "Thanks to me."

I just rolled my eyes in the other direction as I observed Mia's computer to see what she'd found but she was on some next level binary shit which I couldn't understand to save my life.

"What is this?" I asked her.

"You're welcome," Damon piped in.

Me and Mia both threw him a look before carrying on.

"Well, I've asked Chris to look into Gerald's history for me I don't have access to that kind of data anymore. But, this morning at about 5am the same cell that was used to contact Bill was switched on again but the signal wasn't coming from the CIA base this time." She paused.

"Where was it from this time?" I asked concerned.

"That theatre place we went to. Thorns and Roses." She responded.

It felt as if the world had just stopped for a second, I could feel my hands and feet going cold. Thorns and Roses? Why would the signal be coming from there? Was Gerald's child camping out there or something? There was something about that place that had given me the shivers ever since I'd been there. It was dark and gloomy the kind of setting you'd find in a horror movie.

"I'm hacking into the system to see whether I can locate it," she turned back to her computer. "However, the signal still seems to be coming from there it's not going. So either the person is still there or the phone's been planted there."

"There's only one way to find out," I concluded,"we go there."

"I think we should buy ourselves torches because that place was eerie as hell," Damon suggested.

So we agreed to fully equip ourselves before we set off. We were getting the same feeling of deja vu as we climbed over the wall to the backyard of Thorns and Roses. Surprisingly the place felt even creepier than before regardless of the fact we had our torches this time we entered. It looked exactly the same as if we'd just been in here yesterday. We walked in and looked around the stage area.