Osoro Shidesu

She made him follow her around all day like a puppy following his mother. It was sickening. She's too strong for a knife through the throat, she'd have me apprehended in a heartbeat. Maybe if I came at her with a bat I'll have a chance, and if things don't go the way as planned she'll think of it only as a strength challenge. Even though the martial arts club has helped my strength tremendously, I doubt I could take her in a fist fight. She's the last one of the deliquents to leave after school. She's also the first to arrive. Tomorrow morning I'll get here earlier than normal and confront her. Anger boils within me. My senpai blushes at her words, he smiles at her jokes, he...is starting to like her. That's unacceptable. The next day I arrive early as planned. I head to the gym and into the equipment closet. I grab one of the school's wooden bats and I head outside. I walk over to the incinerator where the delinquents hang out. She stands there leaning against the wall, her head to the ground. I approach her but she doesn't seem to notice my presence. I then raise the bat and swing. I hit her in the side and that's when she notices me. She looks at me with anger, as she holds her side.
"Who the hell are you?" She asks.
"Nobody."
I raise my bat again, but before I could swing she pulled out hers and wacked me in the side. I recover quickly and swing at her. She dodges and swings, hitting me again. No matter how many times I tried I couldn't lay another hit. After ten minutes of the ongoing hitting a winner was declared.
"Nice try, but no one can take my crown. Understand?" She says.
"Y-Yes.." I say wearily.
I was on the ground, bruised, breathing hard, and beaten to a pulp. I guess this was a bad approach. I struggle to stand but eventually do. I then grip to my stomach and walk inside. The nurse arrives early because of her so I head there. I walk in and the new nurse looks at me with a sad face.
"Mrs. Shidesu again, I assume?"
"Mhm." I nod.
"Lay down. I'll get some Advil."
I groan lightly and go lay down as the nurse gets me the medicine. She allows me to lay there until the latest lunch. I left though halfway through the first half of the day. I was walking up the stairs, feeling a lot better. Still bruised, but much better. How on Earth am I going to get rid of her? She's too strong to take on head on. I turn the corner and see two delinquents walking this way. I duck back behind the corner. That's when I over hear a very interesting conversation that makes me smirk.
"I don't know dude. She has a thing for that stupid Taro kid."
"Come on Umeji. You've had a thing for her since forever. Plus you're her right hand man which means she trust you."
They walk past me and continue down the stairs.
"I guess you're right, but I don't want to make a fool of myself."
Their conversation then cuts off as they move further away. So Umeji Kizuguchi has a thing for her, huh? Maybe I could take another non-lethal approach. This could possibly work. All day I figured out a plan on how I'm gonna even get Umeji's attention. It was hard at first but then I realized the only way to have him listen is to have him alone. During cleaning time before they all got to their normal hang out spot, I left a letter on the ground for him. After cleaning time I wait in the spot I asked for him to meet. Ten minutes of waiting go by before he turns the corner and stares hard at me. He approaches me.
"You Ayano?" He asks.
"You Umeji?"
"Course I am! And I came alone too."
"Good. And to answer your question I am. I have some information you might need."
"Which is?"
"Osoro. I know what she likes in a guy." I smirk.
"You do?! Wait, why do I care?"
"Because I overheard you. You have a crush on her."
"Well...what's it to you?"
"I have a crush on Taro. We both want someone out of that relationship. So let's work together."
"I'll think about it.."
"Fair enough. I'm surprised you even came." I say with a smile.
"Whatever. I gotta go..."
He then turns and leaves. Now to find out those actual things. Hopefully he agrees, but as of right now a maybe will work. I then head home texting Info-chan the whole way, gathering as much information as possible. The next day I watch my Senpai sneak behind the school to go meet her. I punch the wall with anger.
"Got a temper, huh?" Says a voice.
I turn and see Umeji.
"Sorry.."
"You're fine. Anyways I gave it some thought..."
"And?"
"I say let's try it. But if it doesn't work I'm putting you in the hospital."
"Deal. Now, let's talk about what she's into. This way."
We walk together to the roof, getting stared at along the way. Our discussion goes on until we have to go to class. Even then, afterwards at lunch our conversation continued. By the end of the day we had a plan. He was gonna clean up just a little, and then get her alone. Then he'd put on an earpiece and I'd feed him lines. I asked Info-chan for the equipment, and she of course gave me what I asked for in return for certain shots of things. It was Wednesday, 8:15 in the morning. We had work quickly and take risks. If we let them reach Friday, there was no getting them apart. Umeji put on the earpiece and then went to meet Osoro by the incinerator. I waited behind the tree that is next to one of the outside fountains. A few minutes pass and then they're on their way. Umeji brings her to the fountain.
"What's so urgent Umeji?" She asks.
"Well..." He starts, "I wanted to talk to you about Taro."
"What about him?"
I watch her body language before feeding him his next line.
"Well, why do you like him?"
"Because, he's so innocent it's adorable. Why?"
"Is innocence the only thing that matters to your love life?"
"Where's this coming from?"
"I'm just curious. I am your right hand man after all."
For a split second I saw a moment of weakness. She likes him back. Though the moment didn't last long I knew what he needed to say.
"I love you Osoro." I said.
"What?" He says.
"Huh? I didn't say anything. I just looked at you. You alright?"
"I'm fine. I just..." He goes quiet.
"Umeji you have to tell her!" I say.
"What is it?" She asks.
"I...Osoro..." He gulps.
"Do it Umeji!"
"You what?"
"Osoro, I've had a thing for you since I've become your right hand man. Please tell me it's not too late."
He looks to the ground. She gently places a hand on his shoulder. He looks up at her. She smiles at him.
"I was wondering when you'd tell me. Nah, it ain't too late. Plus I think Taro is already in love with somebody. It's the way he acts." She grins.
"R-Really? Sweet. Well, uh...wanna head back to the gang?"
She nods and they leave. I take my earpiece off and I sit down on the grass behind the tree. She said Taro already loves somebody. I wonder who it is...who took his heart...I doubt it was me...it's probably another floosy. I throw my head into my knees. It isn't fair. I just...want him to be mine. He doesn't have a choice so why must he fall for all these other girls. Am I not good enough?
"Ayano?" Asks a voice.
I look up to see the sweet, creamy, brown eyes of my brown haired Senpai. I quickly stand up.
"Y-Yes?"
"Are you okay?"
"Mhm." I nod.
"Okay? Well...I was wondering if you wanted to help me study for the test tomorrow?"
I nod quickly.
"Sweet. Mind if we do it at my house? I have to watch my sister."
"Course of! Mean I...I course.. mean.."
I go silent. He chuckles lightly.
"I know what you mean. Well, see you after school." He smiles.
He walks away, my heart beating out of control. How on Earth am I going to help him study when that happens when I talk to him! If only I knew his heart belonged to me...I then head to class, my mind swimming. At the end of the day I met up with him at his locker. We walked to his house mostly quiet the whole way. He then opens the door to his home and I step inside. "Wait here. I'll be right back." He says.
"Mhm." I nod.
He then walks into another room. While he's gone a girl comes out of another room. She was short with black hair, a red clip in it. She wore a middle school uniform.
"Hi there." She smiles.
"Hello. I'm Ayano, Taro's friend."
"Mhm. I'm Hanako, his sister."
"Pleasure to meet you."
"So, are you like Osana-chan?"
"Osana?"
That's a name I haven't heard in a while. God, even hearing it still makes my blood curtle.
"Yeah, she had a thing for my brother. So, do you have a thing for him? Cause if so...you better back off. He's my brother, not some floosy's play toy." She says, crossing her arms.
"Listen, I don't like your brother."
"Good."
"Say, that hair clip really brings out your eyes." I smile.
"Thank you!"
"Hanako, are you bothering my friend?" Taro asks, coming into the room.
"Me? Never. Anyways, see you Ayano-chan." She smiles.
"Ignore her." He smiles, "Anyways, we can use the dining room."
I nod and follow him into the dining room. Hanako Yamada...now she's a problem...one I must solve..