9

{Chapter 9}

Niall’s P.O.V

Piper and I enter a shed by right by the corner of her house then I leaned in to Piper’s ear trying not to sob. “Harry’s mom and his sister d-d-died.” I began to sob remembering what had happened. Soon enough Piper gasps and covers her mouth.

“Does Harry know about this? When did they die?” Piper asked frantically.

“I b-believe that Harry d-doesn’t know.” I say in between my sobs. “They p-p-passed away 2 t-to 3 years ago.”

Piper gives me a sympathetic look. It wasn’t my family; I don’t need the sympathy. I’m crying because of who did it. I’m crying because I’ve known them for so long and it hurts to know they died that way, defenseless and innocent.

I take the chance to calm down and sit down on one of the black plastic crates that are in the corner.  Piper looks at me and I signal her to sit down so I can tell her the story. I rub my hands trying to put the story together quickly enough so I won't cry again.

“It all started one thunder storming afternoon. The skies were a darkish grey, the wind was blowing furiously, and broken tree branches were dragging across the road.” I chuckled remembering the disaster setting and how frightened my family was. “It was one of those terrible weather days, but the mood was neutral for me. I just sat around, writing my life away and playing my guitar till I had sore and burning fingers.” I told her getting closer to the worst part. “Then my house phone rang. I couldn’t believe that we had got reception over the horrible storm but I picked it up. It was Harry’s sister, Gemma, crying saying she was in the closet because there was someone in her house and she didn’t know what to do and that her mom was somewhere in the house but she didn’t know where. As soon as I was going to respond the line cut off.” I told her beginning to rub my neck at the memory.

“I called back with no hesitation, I mean wouldn’t you do that if you were in my position? Anyway, when I called back, the phone was answered but no one spoke. ‘DES NO!’ Harry’s mom screamed followed by Gemma’s, then there was 8 loud gunshots, and then came the never-ending beeping sound indicating of a call being ended.” I say finishing the story and feeling my eyes begin to tear up. I wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans wanting to tell her more but I couldn’t bring myself to it.

“Des is Harry’s father, Anne and Gemma’s killer. He’s Anne’s ex-husband then she re-married a guy named Robin.” I told Piper. “He shot both of them 4 times each in the head. 2 in the heart and another 2 to the head. Then he fled here to America thinking he wouldn't be searched for but got caught. It was on the news, internet, basically anywhere you go you saw Des's face on the wanted list.”

“Where is he now?” Piper asks.

“I honestly have no idea. He could be in a federal prison somewhere on the east coast beside us. More likely ADX Florence Facility in Colorado, I believe.” I told her shrugging my shoulders.