4

{Chapter 4}

Piper’s P.O.V

I sit on my bed nervously rubbing my hands together. I look out my window and the sunrise is getting duller by the minute. I look at my clock and its finally time.

I go to my closet and put different clothes on other than some sweatpants and a t-shirt. I quickly put my blue soft oxford and some pair of knee length shorts that are a crackled light blue and white color that sort of fades making it look like it was just white. I put on some blue sneakers my mom past down to me for outdoor activities.  I look into the mirror and take a look at my brunette colored hair with a few blonde streaks that came from my mother. I braid it to the side not worrying about how it looks.

I slowly close my door as I step out making sure not to slam it as my father wished. I knock on my mother’s room telling her I was going to go hang out with a friend, soon knowing that I was going to regret it.

She sits in front of her mirror applying some makeup on surrounded with bobby pins and some black bands are her hair.

Let’s say my mom is a little on the conceited side.

“Piper you know very well that your father doesn’t want you to be disobedient to his orders. You know very well that he doesn’t you doing boy sports; you should be girlier like. Or do you want to end up like your sister? Broke and still full of shit thinking that she’s actually going to get a sport career?” She responds turning everything into a punishment lecture as she always does still facing

“Disobedient to my father’s orders? Or yours? They’re quite different you know. Dad wants me to pursue my dreams unlike you. You want me to live the life you wanted but I don’t like to be classy mom! I love sports, the pain it gives you, and I love that. I love the danger it comes with. And don’t you mention Natalie like that because you know well enough that the only reason we are living it big time is because of father.” I say begging to lower my voice.  “You are nothing different from my dear sister. I guess it’s in our genetics.”

She turns a dark red from anger and points her finger at me. “Get out and think of what you have just said Piper Williams!”

“Ah to the nice bright sun where I can go play what I love to do most? Will do.” I say shutting her door nicely so I don’t upset my dad. The only person who really cares for me in this spoiled house filled with luxuries things.

I grab a note and a pencil from a little drawer that holds a vase full of flowers that’s in the middle of the hall of my dad’s way to the office.

Going out to play some soccer daddy ! Left mom and the wrong so blame me for the attitude if you receive any. Love you!

 -Piper xoxo

I slip it under his office and walk over to the front door telling our maid Judy what time dinner was going to be served.

“Sunset Ma’am… Make sure you’re on time you know how your mother gets.” She says giving me a sympathetic look knowing how I feel about her.