Chapter Twenty-Four

Sawyer

    Beau was entering me. My body stretched around his. I felt a rush of pain and then ecstasy. My hands held onto his bed sheets like a lifeline. The pleasure was so intense I could feel my body radiating heat. He started with slow thrusts before moving into a steady rhythm. I wrapped my leg around him moving my hips in a grinding motion. Beau moaned out in pleasure. He picked up his pace as I felt something building in my core. With each thrust I dug my fingers deeper into Beau’s back occasionally running my nails across it. He landed soft kisses along my neck before devouring my mouth. That kiss was all he needed to do to push me over the edge. I let out a loud final moan as I felt myself pulsate around him. With the one last thrust, Beau found his release.

Beau peppered my face with kisses while using his left hand to push my messy hair out of my face. We stayed silent for a few minutes. I traced circles on his chest with my finger. Smiling like I had just won the lottery. Finally I broke the silence with a giggle.

“What are you giggling about Ms.Thompson?” Beau said with a smirk.

“It’s nothing.” I couldn’t look him in the eye, I was too embarrassed.

    “Babes, don’t do that. You should know by now that you can tell me anything.”

    I inhaled a big breath before speaking.

    “I just lost my virginity. But, before that. I pissed my freaking pants.”

    I paused, looking up at his face. Searching his eyes for any sign of disgust or distaste. However, all I could find was humor and love. The corner of his mouth started to turn up.

    “Babe, I don’t know why you love me. I’m a complete mess.”

    His face turned serious. He brought his hand to my face and I nuzzled into his palm.

    “You are a mess. A beautiful, vibrant, caring, intelligent mess. A mess in all ways. But, you are MY mess. You make me laugh and feel at ease. Sawyer, you make me want be a better person. You bring out the best in me.”

    “I just don’t get it Beau. I’m not that special. And you have always been a great person. Kind and compassionate, always there for your friends. Even the ones that doesn’t deserve your friendship or kindness.”

    “Here you are letting me in. Here you are allowing me to love you. That in itself makes me awestruck. But that’s not the most amazing part of you. Sawyer, you have been through so much. I’m sure more than I know, but I’ve watched you. Everyday. You came to school with a smile even as your momma was dying, even as your asshat of a father abused you, even when Luke went off to college and left you alone. You smiled every damn day. You never let those things truly destroy you. There’s a strength in you Ms.Thompson. And it is damn beautiful. That’s why I love you.”

    Tears filled my eyes and I buried my face in Beau’s chest.

    “I love you Beau Whitmore.” I declared.

    “I love you too Babes.”

We laid on Beau’s bed, tangled in his sheets. I looked up at his handsome face, he had a smile as wide as the state of Wyoming. I never felt so happy in my life as I did in that moment. He was perfect and he was mine. But, I couldn’t help the nagging feeling that the other shoe was going to drop at any moment. It was just a matter of time before my happiness would be replaced with heartbreak and tears. It’s endless circle that is Sawyer Thompson’s life.

My life.