Chapter Fifteen

Beau

Sawyer Thompson is sitting at the island in my kitchen. I can't help but to look her up and down. Wearing dark blue skinny jeans and a white tank top that shows off her curves and all of her assets perfectly. I can’t help myself. I just want to pick her up, set her on the counter, and put my lips on every part of her beautiful body. I want to rip her shirt in two and slide off those tight jeans. I want to feel her soft skin under my rough hands. To slide my hands in between her thighs, making her wet, getting her to the verge of coming.

    “Beau? Are you even listening to me?” Sawyer’s words snap me back to reality. A curious gaze sat on her face. Shit, I’m totally busted.

    “I’m sorry I was thinking about the game this Friday and the dance on Saturday. It’s looking like I’m going stag or Sam will force me to take Caroline since my other option is going with someone else.” Her eye enlarged with shock. I just said that to her. Out loud. Fuck.

    “You really wanted to go with me? I thought you were just being, you know, you.”

    “You really don’t get it do you.” I sighed. I don’t usually spill my guts or say stupid shit to girls, but Sawyer makes me nervous. She’s different, naturally beautiful, genuine, kind, intelligent, and so innocent. She’s everything I’ve been looking for and she’s been right in front of me my entire life. I am such a fucking idiot.

“Beau. I’m damaged. Severely damaged. Why do you think I rejected every guy that ever tried to make a move or ask me out? I’m not worth the headache that would come with being with me.” I can tell she hadn’t meant for me to hear that.

“Wow. You have no clue how much you’re worth babes.” I walk over to her placing one hand on either side of the counter. I stand directly in front of her so she is forced to look me in the eye. I want what I’m about to say to really resonate with her. “Sawyer. You are so smart, so talented, funny, beautiful, genuine. You are every mans dream. You’re MY dream. I don’t know it took me so long to see it, but I can’t hold back any longer. I want you to be mine. I want to protect you, to make you feel safe. Hell Sawyer, I want to give you what you deserve and so much more.”

    Her eyes widen as he takes in every word. “And what do I deserve?”

    “Everything. Happiness. To be not only be adored, but loved. Loved deeply.” Our faces are mere inches apart. My breathing is rough and husky, her breath hitches at the realization that I am going to kiss her. I close the distance. Her soft pink lips meeting mine. I nibble on her bottom lip, coaxing her to open for me. Her tongue meets mine entangling in each other. I put a hand on the back of her head to keep her from falling back. The other comes up to her face. I’m pressed between her legs, rubbing my growing erection on her center. She deepens the kiss as she slides a hand across my chest up to my neck, while the other travels south dancing down my stomach to my belt. I pick her up and plop her on the counter. I trace kisses down her neck to her shoulder, while I caress her breast. I slide my hand under her shirt and bra. Rolling a finger over her hardened nipple. She pulls my face to hers letting our tongues play tug-o-war. I slide a hand down her stomach to her pants. That’s when she breaks the kiss.

    “Beau. I’m sorry. I can’t.” Tears start to fill her eyes.

    “Babes, we can stop. We can take our time.” I pull her into me. She rests her head on my chest. We stay like this for what seems like hours. I kiss the top of her head before releasing her. “I like you Sawyer Thompson. I’ll do whatever I have to, to show you how a man is supposed to treat a woman.”

She gazes up at me.

    “Where do we go from here?”

    “Where ever YOU want us to go babes. You decide what you need. I’m here for the long haul.” I give her my brightest smile. It’s contagious and she’s beaming back at me.

    “We should probably actually start our project. I vaguely remember you mentioning a Romeo and Juliet scene? Did you have one in mind?” She gives me a wicked grin.

    “Oh I think I could show you better than I could tell you.” I wink at her and then lean in for another long sweet kiss.

    We choose a scene and start dissecting it. We lost track of time and before we know it, it’s midnight. “You should just stay here. You can have my room. I’ll sleep in one of the girls’ rooms. I have a private shower and you can borrow a t-shirt and shorts from me.”

    “Are you sure your parents won’t mind?” I shake my head. The next question is the real shocker. “Would you stay with me? Please?”

    I smirk. “I can do that. Follow me.” I lead her up the stairs to my bedroom. I open the first drawer of my dresser and fish out a fresh pair of basketball shorts. Then I head to my closet and take my 2018 football championship t-shirt. I show her to my bathroom to let her change. I strip down to my boxer briefs before sliding on a pair of my own shorts. Sawyer opens the door and my jaw drops.

    “You look way better than I do in that shirt.” She blushes. I pull the covers back on my bed and let Sawyer climb in first before turning off the light and sliding in behind her. She turns to me putting her head on my chest and wrapping a leg across me. I bring my arm around her and pull her tightly into me. She traces the defined lines on my stomach. I kiss the top of her head and rub my hand up and down her back before drifting off to sleep.