Ch-26 Mastering the Madness

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                                       -Aameen.

Dedicated to mrsshanta007 and her sweet mother for honouring IYL with their attention and love …

Chapter Twenty-Six

Mastering the Madness

The cold dawn steadily crept into the man’s cabin dispelling the heavy shadows and surrounding his exhausted figure with growing light as he lay there upon the sofa, staring at nothingness.

Alex’s face looked white and drawn and the blue eyes were icy cold. The whole night he had struggled with his pleading burning heart and now he had finally made the decision by trampling upon the fire until there remained nothing but the quivering ashes of a charred heart –yet the victory brought him neither joy nor peace.

Last night, the thought of never seeing her again had driven him crazy. Until the words that he loved her throbbed in his heart, echoed in his mind, and flowed in his every vein and nerve with his very blood while it came to him there was only one solution to win her for himself, and that was to marry.

Yet at that, his whole soul shrank –he dare not marry, oh he dare not marry. For he vividly remembered the cruel mockery of marriage between his parents... Marriages never last! Yet what else could he do now?

Then there came the gleaming suspicion that neither she nor her family would accept his proposal, for the simple yet vital reason that he wasn’t like them –a Muslim. At that, his throbbing heart became still. He had seen enough of this family a whole fortnight to know what Islam truly is. But to become completely like them…and if not…

Then once again he thought of her, and The Dr. Alex Montex, for whom half the London yearns to date or dreams to wed him –only knew with a sickening feeling that she wouldn’t accept him.

With shaking hands, Alex had pressed his pounding head and then covered his eyes where pricking tears had stood trembling.

O God!

Maybe this was no love…maybe what he felt was only passion, lust for her –yet how could that be? When he had not seen her face properly even once and in her dark loose abaya, there was no question of him hungering after her body. For to save his life, Alex could not say whether she was stout, slim, or thin.  

Then what was this madness that consumed him and the fire in his heart that burned him –Can a man go crazy just seeing a pair of eyes through which shone the light of the pure soul residing inside…! And his own crooked soul could not help but devour the light until he seemed to feel the peace that forever surrounded her.

In his whole life –whatever serenity his soul had felt, had been these past days because of her yet whatever utter madness his heart had felt, had been because of her too…

If this crazy flame would die inside him on losing her, together with his soul’s peace, then so be it! He had never been a man to accept defeat and he would show this cursed feeling that he is master yet.