Entry 5

"Alright Anna, I'm going to be out for a little while!" Jack calls out. "Be safe!"

"Okay!" Anna chirps as Jack leaves to do some shopping. It had been a few weeks since Anna was broken out of the SCP containment centers and not one instance involving them has occurred lately. Jack had given her the freedom that the SCP took from her and she would never want to go back. Anna heads upstairs and decides to snoop around in Jack's room for a little bit. There she finds a small music player, and her curiosity gets the better of her as she takes the player and puts it in her bedroom. Anna manages to turn the music player on and is greeted with soothing music that soon turns intense. The song's name glides across the screen: "Subarashiki Shin Sekai". "This must be Japanese..." Anna says to herself. While she listens, Jack returns home and hears his music player.

"Must be Anna." Jack says to himself as he sets down the stuff he bought and knocks on Anna's door. "Anna, have you got my music player?" And as soon as he says that he hears Anna yelp, switch off the music and barricade the door with something. "...Anna I'm not going to hurt you. I just wanted to know if you have it."

"Yes, I have it." Anna says. "Do you want it back?"

"That music player was getting a little old anyways. You can keep it." Jack replies happily as Anna unblocks the door and lets him him. "I've got some really good songs on that thing. Wanna hear one of my favorites?"

"Sure." Anna replies as Jack fiddles with the player until the right song comes up. The song "It's Not Over" starts to play, and Jack smiles.

"It's one of my favorites." Jack says. "It's empowering."

"I can definitely hear it." Anna replies as Jack starts singing along. The porcelain girl is appropriately blown away by Jack's singing voice, and it's not long before she picks up on the lyrics and starts singing along as well.

"This love is, KILLING me, but you're the only one! It's not overrr!" They sing. When the song finally ends, the two gently fist bump and Jack switches off the music player.

"You managed to pick up fast! Have you heard this song before?" Jack asks.

"Maybe once or twice. I never knew you could sing!" Anna replies.

"Believe me it was one of my few escapes from my bad past." Jack says.

"What other songs do you have on that player?" Anna asks.

"Oh tons." Jack replies. "I have I think fifty songs downloaded onto that thing. Like I said you can keep it and see if anything tickles your fancy." That's when someone starts banging on their door. "Make sure you can't be found. If it's those SCP scum I'll do my best to drive them away." He whispers as he rushes over to the door and looks through the peephole. Sure enough he spots a hat bearing the SCP logo, and he creaks the door open. "Yes?"

"There have been reports of an anomaly that has been breaking the laws of perception and reality. Have you any sight of it?" The SCP officer asks.

"Not that I know of sir. Now please leave, I am busy." Jack replies as the officer leaves. Jack then heads upstairs and knocks on the door to let Anna know that whoever was at the front door is gone. "Those SCP scums are back, and they're in our neighborhood."

"Uh oh..." Anna mumbles.

"I'll do everything I can to make sure they don't try and take you away." Jack says. "Whenever I'm not home and you hear someone banging on the door, hide. Make sure they can't find you. They're going to keep going door to door until they find you."

"Okay." Anna replies as the two head downstairs and close the curtains on the windows to make sure the SCP can't try and sneak a peek through them and with that done, Jack and Anna make sure that all the doors are locked so no officers will try to forcefully barge in. "They could send a D-class to try and destroy the house."

"A D-class? What's that?" Jack asks.

"That's what the SCP calls their bad guys." Anna replies.

"Do they interact with you or the others?" Jack asks.

"They are used to test dangerous things. Not many live long." Anna replies. Jack puts two and two together and realizes that these are death row type inmates that are being subjected to SCP experiments.

"That is so inhumane!" Jack says. "Have you just heard about these D-class people from the workers?"

"That's all I know." Anna replies. "Some of them are very violent, and like I've said they may try to send one to destroy your house if they suspect I'm in here."

"That's not good." Jack says. "I'll try my best to act normal, but if they do manage to take you away, it will be their worst mistake. I'll make sure of it."

"How are you going to do it though? It's practically impossible to escape!" Anna replies.

"Oh I'll find a way. I know about the SCPs they hold in there." Jack says. "And I have the Serpent's Hand by my side. I'll make sure you don't spend another day in that dreaded cell again."

"Thank you." Anna replies as she hugs Jack. With that matter done Jack and Anna whip up some lunch and munch away. As they eat though, Jack can hear the sound of banging off in the distance.

"Man they're still trying?" Jack mumbles.

"They never give up." Anna replies.

"Well either they will give up on finding you, or I'll make them." Jack says.

"I've never had anyone care this much for me before... Thank you again." Anna replies, hugging Jack once more. Jack didn't even need to say anything as he gently squeezes Anna before two part. With that said and done the two decide to destress and play more Poyo Poyo. Jack manages to get a few wins here and there but he still gets trounced by Anna for the most part.

"Will I ever find a moment where I can win against you just a few times?" Jack chuckles.

"I doubt it." Anna laughs.