Adventure III: Ring of Mithril

yo bros! so, this chapter starts following Arrowen, and then switches about halfway through to Legolas. Im pretty sure its fairly obvious but, if not, just letting you know. lol :)

the picture on the side is of Legolos (if you dont know who he is, you have lived a sad, sad life.)

E N J O Y !

It was late in the morning before they set out again, because they had waited till the sun was high in the sky so they could see the path. Arrowen's skilled eyes easily picked out the Mountain Pass as soon as Frodo pointed it out to her. The pass went up the mountain in a steep and narrow staircase and then dissappeared in between two mountains. Arrowen assumed that it led down the other side of the pass.

It took three hours for them to reach the spot where the path wound between the two mountains. Arrowen saw that, there, the path widened condiderably and made for a good place to rest. They stopped for lunch adn relazed a while before Frodo said, "We must make haste, if we want to make it down the mountain before nightfall. It would be unwise to sleep on the pass."

They then began the long trek down the side of the mountains and into the lush forest below. They reached the bottom after two hours and made camp under the dark canopy of trees. Arrowen felt as though there was a deep power hidden in the forest, similat to the pawer of the ring on Galadriel's finger.

"You feel it?" Frodo whispered to Arrowen as they sat with their backs against the trees. Arrowen nodded silently and scanned the forest. She had the oddest feeling that they were being watched, but her sharp eyes did not detect anything out of the ordinary. "There is some power in this forest. It makes the trees restless. Things here are more sinister than on the other side of the mountains."

"I shall not be able to sleep tonight." Arrowen shivered and wrapped her blanket more snuggly around her shoulders. She wished they had been able to light a fire, but Frodo had warned against it, saying that a fire would anger the trees and draw unwated visitors.

"Nor shall I." Frodo replied, looking grim. "This power reminds me too much of the Ring I once bore across Middle Earth." Arrowen could not yet appreciate the full weight of his words, but she had no way of knowing that she would soon know that power better than anyone else.

~

The sunlight streamed down through the trees when Arrowen next opened her eyes. She had not slept, but merely rested in the way of the elves. She was tired, but ready to move on. Bilbo, of course, was well rested and cheerful that morning, oblivious to the sinister power lurking nearby.

In the early morning light, the forest appeared cheerful. Looking more closely, Arrowen noticed that the trees had a thin layer of frost coating the trunks and leaves. "How can this be?" She asked Frodo, reffering to the frost coated trees.

"It is that powerful magic we spoke of last night." he answered her. Arrowed gave one last look at the trees before hurrying after her companions. She worried that, if she lost sight of them, she would soon become completely lost in the woods.

It was hard to tell how far they walked that day, as everything looked the same. Arrowen would have panicked and thought they wer lost long before, if not for her calm companions. Frodo assured her that he and Blibo has traveled this way many times and would not be lost.

Late that night, they finally came upon a clearing with a small stone structure that looked as if it might have once been a house. Frodo announced that they would be spending the night there and the three, weary travellers crossed ofer the threshold. The stone floos was so covered in dust and moss that Arrowen almost thought that there wasn't a floor at all. Moss and vines were growing cracks in the walls and the ceiling was damp.