Prologue: In the Beginning

side note: this is not complete because i need to review all of the books in order to create a correct flow of events for the story of Frodo :) so please bear with me. and the picture on the side, if you didnt notice, is none other than Frodo himself :)

E N J O Y !

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,

Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

Nine for the Mortal Men doomed to die,

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Another Ring to free them. Another Ring to will them,

Another Ring to take them all into the light and kill them

In the Lost Realm where the frozen ocean lies.

~

1-History of the Ring

During the 2nd age of Middle Earth, the Dark Lord, Sauran, had 20 rings forged. Three, he gave to the Elves, seven for the Dwarves, and nine for the Men. In secret, Sauran also forged a ring. Into this ring her poured all his evil and hatred. This ring would be the One Ring to rule them all.

Using the Ring, Sauran began his takeover of Middle Earth. During the Great Battle, Isildur took up his father's sword and cut down Sauran. He then took the Ring as a battle prize and left the battle in victory.

After many years of peace, the Ring betrayed Isildur to his death when he was attacked by a company of orcs. Several years later, the Ring was found, in the very lake Isildur died in, by one of the Riverfolk. This person, Smeagle, disappeared with the Ring into the mountains. For over 500 years, the Ring poisoned his mind and he soon became known as Gollum because of the coughing noise he made.

The Ring then decided it was time to return to its master, Sauran, so it ran away from Gollum. But then, something happened that the Ring did not intend. It was picked up by the most unlikely of people, a hobbit, Bilbo Baggins.

so sorry but this is all for now as i have not completed the story of frodo yet. feel free to read on to adventure 1 or wait until the rest of the prologue. but, if you have already read the lord of the rings books or seen the movies, you would have a chance at understanding the rest of the story. i might add a third part to the prologue about how they got to the point theyre at now, but idk yet.